1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird Z2 pixel problem

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by zAndy1, Dec 21, 2003.

1. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,484
    Folks,
    I've got a problem with what looks like 1 pixel on my Z2. The thing is when I use Nokia Test and display a red screen or blue screen or green screen they are all perfect. On a black background the pixel is perfect. On the windows desktop (blue) the pixel is green! And if I look closely it isn't perfectly square but seems to affect the pixel to the left of it also (but not entirely). Is it a problem pixel (the individual colour tests would suggest not) , could it be dust (it's very small if so) and wouldn't that show up on a black background too?
    Any ideas?

Cheers,
    Andy.

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Andy,

Where is the pixel ? What software/hardware combination are you using on the pc ??

There is a known ATI "green pixel" effect on the left hand side of the screen near the corner....... could be the culprit.... especially where the issue is not showing up otherwise......

Sean G.

3. patr1ck

patr1ck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I've also seen this in the top left corner of my Z2 when using my ATI 9600 card.

Glad it's not the projector!

Pat

4. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,484
    But it happens when using S-Video and component on Input1 as well so it can't be anything to do with the PC. It's very odd as I'd expect to see something amiss when displaying the single colours. Anyway wasn't aware of an ATI green pixel problem. The problem pixel is on the left hand side, slightly above centre.

Cheers,
    Andy.

5. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    OK Andy - you got me there.... didn't cop that you were getting the issue with a non-pc source. Beats the hell outa me....... I've no idea what the prob might be - I'm assuming you've messed about with different cables/sources...... if you had a problem pixel then it should show up regardless.......

Hope some other soul wanders by with an answer.............

Sean.

6. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Probably a lazy or mis-firing pixel.

Usually OK (eg. primary red, green, blue, black & white screens won't show it, or barely show it) but misbehaves under certain "shades", usually most visible with light grey test screens (IRE 30/40/50 from Avia).

On a 1280x720 PJ, it wouldn't concern me.

BTW, the lit "corner" pixel with HCPC is due to Powerstrip running in the background. Close Pstrip & it'll disappear.

:smoke:

7. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,953
    Kramers right - it's Powerstrip. :)

Gary.

8. The Nightfly

The Nightfly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    EnTech have now fixed the corner pixel problem in Powerstrip in the current version.

Allan

9. AV-Will

AV-Will

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Also got some weird green pixel thing going on in the lower left of screen. At first thought it was a dust blob, but two cans of air won't remove it.

I'm pretty sure the two(maybe) dodgy green pixels weren't there to start with.

(Dodgy green blob present on all different input sources)