Weird Xbox Live Connection problem!

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by hexblade, Sep 4, 2007.

1. hexblade

hexblade
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know if this is the right place for my problem but, a few weeks ago i've started having real trouble getting connected to Xbox LIVE. I've got a BT Voyager 205 ADSL Router which for the last 18 months has worked fine up until now. I can get online on my Laptop via the Ethernet and USB ports so the routers working fine, it's just when i try going in Xbox LIVE i start getting problems.

After much testing, i've found out that i can get a LIVE connect after running the "Xbox LIVE Connect Test" a few times. Everthing (IP address and MTU etc.) comes up as confirmed, but Xbox Live come up as Failed, but after a few Test Restarts, i do finally get an Xbox Live connect (this is usally after about 10 mins of total frustration). :mad:

This is really weird. I would of thought that if i had a connection problem, it would'nt connect to LIVE...but it does. :confused:

I've phoned both Microsoft and BT. BT opened some ports that Microsoft gave me but it still did'nt help. BT then told me to get a BT Home hub and that it would fix the problem.

Microsoft said that because i'm getting the Z =0000 0000 for the XWZ code in the Xbox Live test results, i need to switch my ISP!!!

I opted for BT's possible solution.....I've got a BT home hub coming this week and i'm really hoping that it will resolve the problem.

Any advise on this problem would be great. And will the BT Home Hud fix it. :lease:

2. RenaultSport

RenaultSport

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +175

Bt routers are usualy pretty crap, had no end of problems with their routers doing strange things.

3. hexblade

hexblade
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So you dont think a BT Home Hub will help then? :confused:

4. kopchoir

kopchoir
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,455
    did you pay for the hub if so cancel it i have one you can borrow if you pay for the postage there and back to see if it works first, i know the hub retails at around 60 so bit pricey i had only a few problems with the hub nothing what im experiencing with talk talk at the min but thats another story the hub is good so get one the offer is there if you want it lmk kop

5. Brummie Rich

Brummie Rich

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a similar problem and I do have the BT home hub. If I switch on the Hub and the xbox together I can never sign in!! When the hub has been on for about 20 mins I can sign in. Crazy.

However, if I do try to sign in straight away after turning the hub and console on it doesnt work unless i run connection checks...then it signs in fine!!!!

It is something I put up with...but thinking about it....Its ridiculous!

RP

6. smallclanger

smallclanger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +463
    I have a home hub and the Xbox is connecting over wireless.

I have never had any problems with this setup.

If you had to pay for the home hub I would have suggested mentioning Microsofts advice to BT , I am sure they would have sent it for free to keep you.