Weird Xbox interlaced problem

Bob Todd

Banned
I have my Xbox modded, and is using this cable.

NTSC 480p and 720p are lustfull, however Interlaced video displays a weird banding effect, running the xbox via a standed composite source while crappier in quality does not display this banding effect.

You can clearly see the banding

This is a picture from the PAL version of espn running on my xbox in PAL mode, I know what your saying why dont u just run your xbox in NTSC 480p mode, well I would but I have heard M$ will soon be able to detect PAL xboxes running in NTSC mode while playing xbox live and I dont wish to be Banned.

all I want is a decent PAL Picture via component:(

RAMiAM

Novice Member
IronDuke,
I to have a modded xBox.
Originally a PAL machine but changed via dashboard to NTSC.
It's been a while since I messed with it but if you run PAL M$ dashboard it doesn't support HD does it?

Why not just run everything via the NTSC dashboard?
As I said it's been a while since I caught up with developments and not having BroadBand haven't investigated recently but I was always led to believe that if you have a modded xBox you should definately not use 'Live' games.

Oh, also I use the official M$ High Definition hardware box which works a treat - it could be as simple as changing to this:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/highdefinitionavpack.htm

Regards,
RAMiAM

Bob Todd

Banned
Originally posted by RAMiAM
IronDuke,
I to have a modded xBox.
Originally a PAL machine but changed via dashboard to NTSC.
It's been a while since I messed with it but if you run PAL M$ dashboard it doesn't support HD does it?

Why not just run everything via the NTSC dashboard?
As I said it's been a while since I caught up with developments and not having BroadBand haven't investigated recently but I was always led to believe that if you have a modded xBox you should definately not use 'Live' games.

Oh, also I use the official M$ High Definition hardware box which works a treat - it could be as simple as changing to this:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/highdefinitionavpack.htm

Regards,
RAMiAM

please read All the text in my post again.

secondly the NTSC dash is not progressive Scan and still shows banding.

RAMiAM

Novice Member
Forget it.
I was only trying to help.

I did read your friggin post.

Good luck finding another fool to help!

Bob Todd

Banned
Forget it.
I was only trying to help.

I did read your friggin post.

Good luck finding another fool to help!

then why make a dumb statement when I already posted this

"This is a picture from the PAL version of espn running on my xbox in PAL mode, I know what your saying why dont u just run your xbox in NTSC 480p mode, well I would but I have heard M$ will soon be able to detect PAL xboxes running in NTSC mode while playing xbox live and I dont wish to be Banned."

:thumbsdow :suicide: :hiya:

RAMiAM

Novice Member
Which is why I said I thought you couldn't/shouldn't play on-line with a Modded xBox in the first place - hence if you can't play on line, you can't get caught by M$ - ergo just play in NTSC mode which you say is fine.

:confused: :nono: :lesson:

Bob Todd

Banned
Which is why I said I thought you couldn't/shouldn't play on-line with a Modded xBox in the first place - hence if you can't play on line, you can't get caught by M$ - ergo just play in NTSC mode which you say is fine.

:confused: :nono: :lesson:

If I turn the modchip off I can and have and will:mad:

J

Jason S

try a decent cable.

£7.00 is a very cheap, and although 480p and 720p looks ok on this cable, Id be fairly sure that if the cable don't fix it. your box is at fault.

M$ already can see if you're PAL running NTSC :(, but they don't bother as they're only wanting to stop people using modchips to cheat on live and ruin the reputation of the service, so as long as your chips off, you're fine.

You haven't said what display you're using, and this may make a difference.

You could buy a US xbox (weak dollar and all that)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom