Weird TV symptom.

S

smithers

Well I bought a TV, it was an openbox special (I should of known right then...) to make a long story short this TV riddled with nothing but intermitent problems. Some days it may work for a week straight and then not turn on at all until I unplug the unit and wait a while before plugging it back in.

This is the 2nd time in for servicing and frankly I'm getting fed up with not having a TV. Is there something I can do to burn it and thus guarantee me a replacement?

I would but it's been over the 30 days... 6 month now actually...

It happened once during the 30 days so I figured it was just some small glitch and didn't bother with it and now it seems to have progressed.

I asked if they would just straight credit me the money and I'd buy something new possibly more expensive and they said that's not how their policy works.

Originally posted by smithers
I asked if they would just straight credit me the money and I'd buy something new possibly more expensive and they said that's not how their policy works.
It's not their policy which is relevant but the Sale and supply of goods and services act.Under the act goods must be :- as described, of satisfactory quality, and fit for any purpose which the consumer makes known to the seller.
Goods are of satisfactory quality if they reach the standard that a reasonable person would regard as satisfactory, taking into account the price and any description.
Aspects of quality include fitness for purpose, freedom from minor defects, appearance and finish, durability and safety.

http://www.dti.gov.uk/ccp/topics1/saleandsupply.htm

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom