Weird thing in PGR 3?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by larzhin, Mar 14, 2006.

1. larzhin

larzhin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Haven't played PGR 3 for awhile, but loaded it up for a go just now and something weird happened to my car when playing in single race mode. Like, when I reversed or stopped still, the car would become transparent!! But when I accelerated forward it would become 'solid' again. The transparency is 'real', because when i was reversin, the opponent's car just went right through it from behind...

This is rather strange, because I've not experienced it before, but then again, I haven't played single race before....Anyone experienced this as well?

2. scoo

scoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I think it's to stop cheating, ie you cannot do a 180 and career around the track backwards to take out another player - you also cannot setup a roadblock!. If a player sits on the starting line they become transparent and other cars can pass right through them.

HTH

3. larzhin

larzhin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So you've had this too? Cuz i was just starting to think there might be somethin wrong with my game or the hardware...

4. ParmMann

ParmMann

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    It's definately a feature of the game m8, it's been there from the beginning.
    You've just been driving too well to notice it hehe.

As scoo said, it's to prevent people ruining the game by driving backwards, parking in the middle of the road etc etc.
    By making their car transparant, it prevents them from interfering with other players' races.

Unfortunately it doesn't prevent people ramming you off the road purposely in Online Career mode.
    No matter how good a game is, you can never stop idiots from playing them. :(