Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Weird Sync Problem

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by SeaneyC, May 2, 2004.

1. SeaneyC

SeaneyC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    I have a NEC DP1200 crt, which has been driven quite sweetly for over a year now with my HTPC, and i decided to move the PC from next to the projector, so it's next to all my other hifi gear. I bought a 7m 5bnc - 5bnc van damme cable from another member on these forums, and did a 5bnc mod on my old radeon 9000. It sort of worked, but every time you right clicked on the desktop, and a menu came up, the screen would kind of expand and contract again before settling down. With DigiTV it was also ok, until you brought a menu up, but with zoomplayer, the picture was constantly changing in height as soon as you played anything.

I thought it might be my mod, and the other day i went nuts and changed lots of things, got a radeon 9600, and also a vga-5bnc converter, but it still happens.

The cable seems to be in good condition, and i fully believe that it is functionally perfect, but the projector still exhibits this wierd behaviour with it in. So, i pick the collective knowledge of this forum, and ask for suggestions as to what it may be? Do i need some kind of sync amplifier due to the now 9m cable run?

Many thanks for your suggestions/help in advance,

Sean

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I would say that the sync signals are fluctuating. I gues you can only prove this by going back to your old setup.
    Most PC cards are really only designed to drive a cable of about 2m. but I would be surprised if your 7m cable was adding that much more resistance unless somthing is wrong with a connector.

An interface box (sync and signal amplifier) would probably sort out most of these issues but it could be something new on the PC too.

3. SeaneyC

SeaneyC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Don't suppose you have any interface boxes that are on the cheap Roland?