Weird startup issue with Humax HDR-2000T

cs2008

I purchased one of these PVRs back in 2015, and for various reasons it has been languishing in its box and I have only recently set it up. What I am finding is that that when the unit is turned on, it disables the aerial feed to the TV for anything up to 30 seconds as it starts up. There is also a similarly long delay before the internal HDD starts spinning up.

The same problem occurs if the unit starts up by itself due to a programmed recording event. It means I can be watching the TV, and the screen will suddenly go blank and give a 'No signal' message for up to 30 secs as the PVR starts up. Very annoying. Once it has started up, everything seems to work normally.

Surely this cannot be normal behaviour, and has anyone else come across this issue ?

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
Fit a TV aerial splitter to give the TV a seperate feed.

TJT1

Distinguished Member
Surely this cannot be normal behaviour, and has anyone else come across this issue ?
That sort of behaviour has been reported before. Whether it was fixed by a firmware update I don't know. But do what GLT says above and you will not have the problem any more. And peace will reign in the household when Corrie is not interrupted by the box turning on to record something 'on the other side'.:rotfl:

TJT1

Distinguished Member
Not sure whether a firmware update fixed it or not, but an aerial splitter sure as hell will.:D

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
Not sure whether a firmware update fixed it or not, but an aerial splitter sure as hell will.:D

No fix. The OP can also save some money once the splitter is installed by simply turning on low power standby which reduces the in standby power to less than 0.5W. The rf loop amp uses power.

cs2008

Just installed the latest software and can confirm that the problem is still there, although the 'dead time' is perhaps only around 5 secs.

I'll get the splitter.
Good tip on the power saving mode too, thanks Graham.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom