1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

weird sounds in aliens end credit......

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by gargoyle, Jun 19, 2003.

1. gargoyle

gargoyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    All the different formats carrying 'Aliens' appear to have one thing in common - right at the end of the credits as the last line scrolls past, you hear this strange 'creepy' crackling sound - just like an egg opening!
    The first time I heard it (when I had assembled my first home cinema kit in the eighties), it really freaked me out and since then, having purchased the vhs, several ntsc LD's, and one dvd have found the sound is still there - is this intentional (someone has suggested that it is the sound of an egg opening whilst ripley and hicks are in cryo leading to the events of alien 3) or is it just a glitch?

2. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Watch Alien 3. It should give you the idea why they had the facerhugger scutter.

3. dsw182

dsw182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I have not noticed these sound effects before. I don't usually watch all the credits.

It would add something to the continuity of the films. I wonder if James Cameron intended to make Alien3.

Look like something i'll have to check out.

4. Adam Barratt

Adam Barratt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Listen in plain stereo (make sure the volume is up quite high) and you can hear a facehugger running across the room in front of you, from left to right, right at the end of the credits.

Adam