1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird Sim2 HT300 Link Problem

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by VUDSM, Jul 1, 2005.

1. VUDSM

VUDSM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To Jeff or Alan (or anyone else),

I have a Sim2 HT300 Link (not the E Version) and a Pioneer S969AVi DVD player (same as the 59AVi and the 868AVi). I have been running this for 18 months without any problems until last night. The Pioneer is set to display "1280x720P" and is connected to the Sim2 via HDMI. The Sim2 is in "Pixel to Pixel" mode. Last night the PJ would not display a PAL DVD (ie no picture). I then tried an NTSC DVD and everything worked. I turned off the PJ (including the DOIP) and the DVD player and tried again. Once again, everything is fine for an NTSC DVD, but no picture for any PAL DVD. If I change the output resolution of the Pioneer to "1920x1080i", everything works for both PAL and NTSC DVD's. To check that the DVD player was not at fault, I connected it to my Pioneer PDP-505HDG Plasma at "1280x720P" and everything worked fine.

This is really strange as up until last night, everything was working great. I have not made any changes to the DVD player or the PJ.

Have you ever come across this problem?

Would re-installing my firmware (2.37.04(L)) be of any use?

One other thing, I have a PAL HDTV box hooked up via DVI to the PJ. I checked the "1280x720P" mode and the PJ displayed this without any problem.

Any thoughts or help would be much appreciated.

Derek

2. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi Derek

I have replied to your other thread and I suggest you try the latest s/w ( 2.45.04 ) to see if that resolves your issue.

Regards

Jeff

3. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi Derek,

s/w is on its way.

Jeff