Weird Science (Zavvi Exclusive) (Blu-ray Steelbook)

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
Purchase link: Zavvi

Release date: 22/07/2019

ws-jpg.1144250

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:
  • New restoration by Arrow Films from a 4K scan of the original negative
  • High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray presentation of the original Theatrical Version of the film (94 mins), plus seamlessly-branched exclusive Extended Version (97 mins), featuring two additional scenes newly remastered in high-definition
  • Original lossless stereo audio, plus 5.1 DTS-HD MA surround option (theatrical version only)
  • Original English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Edited-for-TV version of the film (SD only, 95 mins), plus comparison featurette highlighting the alternate dubs and takes
  • Option to watch additional scenes from the Extended Version separately
  • Newly-filmed interview with special makeup creator Craig Reardon
  • Newly-filmed interview with composer Ira Newborn
  • Newly-filmed interview with supporting actor John Kapelos
  • All-new interview with casting director Jackie Burch
  • It’s Alive: Resurrecting Weird Science, an archive documentary featuring interviews with cast, crew and admirers, including star Anthony Michael Hall
  • Theatrical trailers and TV spots
  • Image gallery Illustrated collectors’ booklet featuring new writing on the film by Alexandra Heller-Nicholas and Amanda Reyes

Attachments

• WS.jpg
    WS.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 352
  • WS (inside).jpg
    WS (inside).jpg
    135 KB · Views: 66
  • WS (open).jpg
    WS (open).jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

movieman1866

I love this film, I don't really need the steelbook but I've ordered it anyway lol!!
Me too, got the email about this afternoon and stuck in an order straight away. I wouldn't expect it to sell out but I missed out on Fright Night so made sure I got my order in for this.
Just for effect I put a bra on my head when I ordered.

domtheone

Distinguished Member
Love the cover. Not into Steelbooks any more but love the film.:clap: Hopefully a 4K release is on the way.

movieman1866

Mine arrived today. The front is okay, Weird Science and the earings on Kelly shine when held at an angle to the light. The rear is shocking, low res pic and the colours are washed out. In hand the rear looks worse than the pic in the first post.
The enclosed booklet has a nice photo of Robert Downey (he wasn't Jr. in this) with a bra on his head. I don't suppose there's much chance of getting a Tuff Turf steelbook as another movie from 1985 with Robert Downey in a supporting role.
Love this movie, really looking forward to watching it again and going through the numerous extras. Slightly disappointed with the quality of the seelbook but this was always going to be a must buy for me.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom