• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

weird samsung 1080p screen in currys

Phill1978

went into currys SAW THE 40" lcd Samsung LE40F71B labelled up with 1980 x 1080 resolution and 1080P. I enquired and they were adament that it was a 1080p panel ?!? didint think there were any out and it was £1700 looked well.

then read the manual which stated 1080p ?? :confused:

if it is, then i probably buy one TBH

RenaultSport

The set you are referring to IS 1080p and will take 1080p inputs via HDMI and I think VGA/Comp.

marty2005

No digital tuner so when analogue is turned off the internal tuner will be useless.

You might say you don't need it because you have satellite or cable but when analogue is turned off there will be more digital channels.

Also if you are recording something via satellite you could be watching an over the air channel.

You could buy a freeview box but you'd need to make sure you have an RGB scart free as most tv's seem to only offer 1 full scart and 1 half scart.

neilmcl

Be wary , some manufacturers specify 1080p in specs sheets , where the p stands for pixels.lol
Philips also do this.
p doesn't stand for pixels. :rolleyes:

They specify it as 1080p because correctly any 1920x1080 LCD does output 1080p, however in reality what most customers want to know is whether the screen can ACCEPT 1080p, which is where they're not exactly up front about.

N

neoyourmessiah

this is an awsome set. It definately is 1080p and can accept it through, HDMI, VGA and componant! they are just about to release an update that allows it to do 1.1 pixel mapping through HDMI too.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom