Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Weird Problem With Samsung MAX-DN55

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by El Cheapo DTS, Jan 1, 2005.

1. El Cheapo DTS

El Cheapo DTS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys.

I've had a "Samsung MAX-DN55" integrated DVD/surround system for a few years now and it has never worked properly since the day I got it.

I know I should have sent it back under the warranty, but never got round to it and then it ran out. :(

For those not familiar with the system, it is an integrated unit with 3-disk DVD changer,twin cassette decks, tuner, DDPR, DTS Out etc.

Now, the problem.

When I try to play a DVD or audio CD, the system spins up trying to read the disk, but keeps spinning faster and faster until it throws up a disk read error.

Selecting a different disk while it still spinning so fast ends up with the disk jumping out of the carriage (damaged a few disk doing this). :(

Any ideas why this could be happening.

I now have a standalone DVD player, but I would like to get this system working again to use as cd player.