Weird Problem with Nebula PCI DigiTV over Pioneer Plasma!

dealmaker

Standard Member
Reaction score
Guys,

Got a problem with my Pioneer 504HDE plasma and specifically the PC input.

I've got the PC set to the max permissable Plasma resolution of 1024 X 768 (albeit I have tried lower resolutions).

The problem is that whilst the PC screen will appear perfectly there are problems viewing DigiTV. Basically when I start the DigiTV the audio play's fine but there is no picture! It's the same for recorded files from DigiTV - audio but no video???

Do i need to change a setting or something or the Hz??

Any assistance/advice gratefully received!!

Do you get a black frame or just the desktop?

Sounds like the video is being rendered with a hardware overlay and the output you're using on the graphics card to connect to the plasma isn't the primary output or hardware overlays are disabled. If this is the case you'll get the same happening on other avi's dvd's etc.

What graphics card is it, and is this a 2nd display.

Guys,

I do get only a black frame appearing (subject to whatever size I set the Nebula Frame) - I am using a Matrox "Twinhead" millenium G450 Graphics Card with two outputs (VGA) - I think the input into the Plasma is from the second graphic card output.

Run single headed initially. This will help to rule out a fault with the card. Also change the output colourspace setting in settings/video/hardware overlay format from UYVY to YUY2 and see if it makes any difference.

Sometimes the digiTV app gets positioned at some crazy point off screen although this normally leaves the desktop visible underneath , you can reposition it by pressing alt-m-space I think when the app is minimised.

Thanks GUYS !!!

Switched the "Screen Clone" off on the Matrox Power Desk and I've now got it playing perfectly !!

EXCELLENT!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom