• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Weird Pixelation on Letter-boxed Movies, OLEDLGB6

Esilbe1

Novice Member
I recently discovered pixelation on the upper left-hand corner of my screen. So far, I've only noticed it when watching movies with letterboxing, and mostly on Showtime.

Is anyone familiar with this issue and how to resolve it?

I contacted LG support who told me to call a local service tech to assess it further. I'm reluctant to engage a tech if it's something I can fix myself. I suppose they want to verify if the TV is damaged, which it is not. I bought it a few weeks ago.

I appreciate your help.

Attachments

• IMG_2192_JPG.jpg
    IMG_2192_JPG.jpg
    905.2 KB · Views: 67

NM2160

I recently discovered pixelation on the upper left-hand corner of my screen. So far, I've only noticed it when watching movies with letterboxing, and mostly on Showtime.

Is anyone familiar with this issue and how to resolve it?

I contacted LG support who told me to call a local service tech to assess it further. I'm reluctant to engage a tech if it's something I can fix myself. I suppose they want to verify if the TV is damaged, which it is not. I bought it a few weeks ago.

I appreciate your help.

Have you got Screen Shift turned on ?. If so, turn it OFF & see if that makes a difference.

Andrew1472

Distinguished Member
Could be part of the broadcast.
Turn off just scan in the aspect ratio section.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom