Weird occassional green line from British shows on Netflix

saidel

I have a 4 yr old Samsung (UN40 series). When streaming only British shows from Netflix, sometimes, more often than not, a horizontal green line about 1/6th the screen height and about 1/4 down from the top appears as the show is loaded. This only happens with BBC and other British series. But sometimes it does not happen. It does not happen with American shows. It does not happen with British shows that were broadcast on American channels like PBS. It does not happen with Icelandic, German and Israeli shows. Sometimes, I can reload Netflix and it goes away, but not often. I haven't a clue what is generating this problem and have yet to find a discussion of a green line that fits this problem. If such exists, can you send me the pointer or URL or if you know what is happening, please reply. It is tremendously annoying.

Anostraca

Hi,
I believe that it is an data error while watching the stream from netflix. It ocurs to me aswel time to time on fairly random shows (mostely seen on like two specific ones).

Possibly try reinstalling netflix app (if possible) or revert TV to factory default so the app will revert to its default

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom