Weird Issue with Projected Image

Panonut

Novice Member
Small church. When I turn on the overhead projector and the pc connected to it, instead of seeing the normal pc desktop image on screen, instead there is an image of what looks like Windows desktop background images/scenes you might see if you right click "Personalize" on your desktop. Those are similar to the canned images that widows offer allows you to select.

Those images change periodically. Nothing changes on the screen until I open a PowerPoint presentation, then press the "Present" icon. Then the image snaps the presentation onto the screen. Even then, the row of desktop taskbar icons faintly show below.

My setup is a Windows 10 laptop connected to an 2005-ish Mitsubishi projector by two baluns, Ethernet cable and short HDMI cables at each end. I have swapped Laptops in and out with no change in problem. I'm just scratching my head and hoping it doesn't bleed.

Frank

alvind

Novice Member
Sounds to me like the projector is acting in extended mode here.

When you right click on your desktop and select settings, there's 'Multiple displays' setting. Change it to mirror may help? click on the detect will show the screen number in big too.

Panonut

Novice Member
Sounds to me like the projector is acting in extended mode here.

When you right click on your desktop and select settings, there's 'Multiple displays' setting. Change it to mirror may help? click on the detect will show the screen number in big too.

Panonut

Novice Member
Thanks for responding Alvind--I'll try that setting.
Best regards, Frank

After trying various display modes, it still is a problem.

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom