Weird happenings

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by DieHI, Apr 17, 2004.

1. DieHI

DieHI

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My wife and I bought a cheapy 1st system (JDBDVD51-S2) and we have a prob we can't solve. If a film starts with "choose language" (we live in Belgium so we can choose from English, Dutch or French), we choose the language and the film stops there and goes no further. We thought maybe there was a fault with the player so we exchanged it for another...same brand. And we had the same problem again. This happened with "Finding Nemo" and Pirates of the Caribbean". Can this be fixed somehow?
    Also, sometimes there is a slight "jump" in the film. Is that normal? Thanks for any assistance.

2. Fatti

Fatti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Not sure if this will help, but here goes:

When you've selected the language, are there other options (usually at the bottom the screen) with something like Resume Film or Main Menu? You might need to select one of those to carry on.

The slight jump is probably the layer change if it's a dual layer disk. It's usually around the middle of the film and the length of the pause depends on the player.

3. DieHI

DieHI

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In "Finding Nemo", we get the page with the languages...English, Dutch, French. The language the player is configured in has a purple line under it, and when pressed, the line changes to orange. And thats where the film stays. Funny thing is, if we play the film on the computer, it works fine. So it must be something with the player, just can't figure out what...any ideas? Thanks for your help.

4. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +318
    Is there an option within the dvd players settings to stipulate the language you want? This may bypass this intial screen automatically giving you acces to the film. Have you tried all of the languages available? You maybe asking to use one of the languages the disk doesn't support and therefore gets stuck (just a thought - but thinking about it why would it offer that language if it didn't support it)
    If you can't resolve it why not return it and choose another cheap model (there's plenty to choose from).

5. DieHI

DieHI

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi and thanks for answering. I can choose an operating language for the player and a subtitle language for the film. I tried different combos, (English and Dutch, the languages we use here), but after I get the DVD page, it goes to the "choose language" page and gets stuck. None of the buttons on the remote work (I get the "no-no" circle and slash symbol) except display, which shows nothing since the film isn't moving. We can only exchange to this make of player. Pretty frustrating, any other ideas before I use the thing for a plant stand?

6. Fatti

Fatti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Is the player a single region player i.e. region 2, and are the disks that you are having this trouble with region 2 disks.

7. DieHI

DieHI

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The discs that have the problem are region 2 discs, although other region 2 discs work fine. The player itself...hmmm, thats a good one. If its PAL/NTSC compatible, does that help? Or OSD 5 languages? Thats how much I know about these things, about nil. But thanks for trying.:clap: