Question Weird Grundig Hi-Fi from around 2000-2003

nikcster

Novice Member
Hi
Long shot this. Sometime between 2000 and 2003 I was in a Hi-Fi shop in Edinburgh and I saw a Grundig Hi-Fi system, with an integrated cabinet and speakers, which stood about 3 feet high. I think it was more or less round, with the controls on the top. I can't remember if it had a turntable but it might have.
It retailed for about £500. As I recall the sound quality was excellent and I nearly bought it, but decided it was too pricey for me.
I've been looking online but for the life of me I can't find anything that resembles it, to the point where I almost think I dreamt the whole thing!
Does anyone have a clue what I am talking about?
Thanks,
Nick.

Ugg10

Distinguished Member
Did a quick search and only ones I could find were the 1950’s RaumKlang speakers or the 70’s I think Audiorama Spherical speakers. The LSP2 speakers may be also a candidate.

If I find anything else I’ll add to the list.

Edit - Found this pic, may be the one but no more details, definitely looks the right era.

AEE46E64-28D9-4DD6-988F-FCC4B9F93456.jpeg

Looks like the above is 1995/6 - catalogue here -

Edit 2 - Its a Space Fidelity PA3

The Grundig active speaker Apollo 2000 is an interesting one as well.

Last edited:

Ugg10

Distinguished Member
Looks like the love child of Metal Micky and a cyber man!

nikcster

Novice Member
It does. Also looks as dated as them - which I guess it is. I do remember the sound quality being really brilliant, and thinking it looked really futuristic 😂 Time, eh?

Ugg10

Distinguished Member
If you wanted one there are loads for sale in Germany for around £125!

The latest video from AVForums

LG SP11RA Soundbar Review Coming Soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom