Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

weird electric problem with new sony KV-28HX15

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by mark_m, May 10, 2005.

1. mark_m

mark_m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have a sony KV-28HX15 just one week old now.

my sony is plugged into an 5-way socket box,when i plugged in a lamp the sony tv go's into the fault standby mode,the led is flashing green/red al the time.
    when i turn the sony off and back on no more problems,but when you turn on or off a lamp that is in the same socket the tv jumps in sometime's in this fault mode.
    my voltage at home stays at a perfect 227v al the time (even when you switch the lamp on or off) (netherlands by the way) and besides that,whe have never electrical problems of any kind here.

so my question is, is my new tv faulty?
    or is this the way it is should work,like an electrical protection of some sort?

ps: i checked the service menu in errors and the fault E11:8V the counter is at 8 now (all the other errors at 0)

2. mark_m

mark_m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anybody?

3. FlyingBig

FlyingBig
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I remember when i plugged my projector in my PC would sometimes freeze and i would have to reset the PC (the pc was plugged into a 4 way adaptor along with my projector) Your issue seems similar. I wouldn't worry about it to be honest, its not what i would call a problem.

4. Brolac

Brolac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The very first thing to do is check the 5 way socket box for loose/burnt
    connections.Unplug socket box from wall take the cover off and have a looksee.