Weird eaters?...

Chadford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to work for a company and the financial director was a weird eater. Christmas dinner he'd get the full platter everything, but he'd eat one individual item (food group) at a time starting from the thing he liked the least saving the best till last, just one thing at a time. It's a weird thing to see.

Anyone else a odd eater?

:)

I can't stand chips slathered with ketchup, I have to have ketchup on the side and dip it.

Most foods which have a natural crispness should be served like this, in my opinion. Anything which should be crunchy but turns into a soggy mess due to being drowned in a sauce is a big no-no for me. I even eat my cereals quickly as I don't like when I no longer get a satisfying crunch when I chew them.

I can't stand chips slathered with ketchup, I have to have ketchup on the side and dip it.
Most foods which have a natural crispness should be served like this, in my opinion. Anything which should be crunchy but turns into a soggy mess due to being drowned in a sauce is a big no-no for me. I even eat my cereals quickly as I don't like when I no longer get a satisfying crunch when I chew them.

That's one thing that means chip shops are my least favourite takeaway option.
Nice crispy batter out of the pan, steamed to a soggy mess in the wrapping paper when you get it home.

im quite fussy eater, i too hate soggy cereal.

i only eat ketchup with fish. not sure why. i just dont like it with anything else.

there are some food i wont eat due to their texture. such an onions but i love onion ring crisps?!?

im not too good with fruit and veg either. although trying to get better at the moment

Corn flakes are best when they are soggy, even better when you get to the end of the pack and you get ask the lovely dust.

I have a habit of leaving something on my plate - whether it be a chip or whatever...

a few years ago I went out for a family meal - and my uncle was there (only saw him twice since I was a kid - and then only ever saw him a few times then...) and he left something on his plate - and someone asked him why - he said he'd always done it but didn't know why...

he's the brother of my mam - so, must be down to genetics rather than nurture?

When my wife eats a pizza she gathers all the cheese in a pile, eats the base and then the cheese... It's bizarre.

As a very infrequent treat whilst sleeping over at my Grandparents in 70's we were treated to thinly sliced Mars Bars on toast.......weird eating for sure.

Eat Veg first as it's nicer hot.
Have ketchup and mayonnaise with chips but always mix it. Kids have started copying me much to the annoyance of my wife lol

I used to work for a company and the financial director was a weird eater. Christmas dinner he'd get the full platter everything, but he'd eat one individual item (food group) at a time starting from the thing he liked the least saving the best till last, just one thing at a time. It's a weird thing to see.

Anyone else a odd eater?

:)

I do something similar, but not as rigid. I always save the best till last. Eat the vegetables first as I can't stand most of them, then get to the best bits at the end.

Also, I eat very fast. If I don't I get bored and only eat about half of what's on the plate.

As a child I couldn't have food groups touching otherwise they would become contaminated.

I grew out of that and now eat anything or at least will try anything. I keep going back to foods I have previously tasted and give them another go. One day I might actually like olives.

My daughter would never mix her food- she eats the least favourite first and her favourite last. She is so efficient with it too.

The thing that most annoys me about other eaters is not necessarily the way they eat but the fact that they never try new things. Some people, when practically forced to try something will curl their taste buds up and decide they don't like it before it's even entered their mouth.

Last Christmas I had Lindor on Toast. I felt like a Millionaire.

My girlfriend puts salad cream on everything. Spag Bol, Curry, Chips, Chinese - everything.

I'll eat anything.. as long as it does't come in a shell (apart from eggs). Apparently, the weirdest thing I do is use my fork in my right hand. Everybody seems to get upset by this.

I have a mate who only eats beige (or close variants) food! I don't think that is his parameter, he's just fussy and it's a coincidence. He mainly ate chips, white bread and Yorkshire puddings and not not much else.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom