Weird DVD Problem

dpdp

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have just purchased the Disney Film "Dinosaur" from Play. When the DVD came through there was a pretty weird problem with it.

The DVD with the film on, is labelled up correctly but the actual film on it is wrong. It contains "The Prince of Egypt" (The Whole Film). So I will be sending it back for a refund.

Has anybody else had a similar problem???

Not with a DVD but I have had a couple of videos like that. There was a Friends box set that HMV were selling that had two tapes with the same episodes even though they were labelered up corectly, even had the proper Black and White text screen at the beginning.

It took it back and the guy refused to believe me and wouldn't play it to verify, he kept saying they had sold thousands and no-one else had reported the problem. At that point the guy behind me said, 'Its exaclty the same on mine which is why i'm here', there was about 4 people in the shop at the time returning a 'non-existant' problem. Poor guy look crestfallen :D :D

Apparently somone didn't change the 'master' in the duplication factory, prorably the same reason here.

Just return it and get a new copy, although get them to check the batch as you could get the same again.

Heh heh...this reminds me of when I was about 15 or 16 and I hired a "Poison" (don't ask) CD from the library, only to find that, even though the CD was pressed with "Poison" on the disk itself, it actually had some classical music on it! :eek:

I took it back the same day, and they obviously didn't log it back into their system correctly cos I got an "overdue" note about it 6 months later.

Errr...what was the question again?

You might want to hang on to it. A Disney mistake could become a collector's item. Must be worth a gamble for the £15 or whatever you paid, just buy another. Hang on to any leaflets or additional packaging, all adds to the value.

I had a similar experience with a woman. When I first tried her out she was attractive and keen to please. Following marriage she become hideous and frigid. I attempted to take my case to Citizens Advice but they laughed:(

:D lmao@mcmullanbrush lol

i had the same prob with a mel gibson film

i paid for L weapon film from wh smiths but got mad max when it started playing

put dvd in a safe place just in case

Tafsir

Originally posted by mcmullanbrush
I had a similar experience with a woman. When I first tried her out she was attractive and keen to please. Following marriage she become hideous and frigid

Don't ask for a replacement as you will find that most suffer from that problem as it's a design fault.

I recently bought waverace for gamecube got it home and found there was no disc, the box came sealed. was just lucky virgin believed me really.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom