Weird bug...

drb5

Novice Member
Haven't a clue what it is, but i thought i'd share it with you guys.

Taken with a Cosina 100mm macro...not the best lens, but does well enough for £85 delivered...brand new! :eek:

drunkenmaster

Novice Member
Its a plume moth -an Amblyptila Acanthadactyla

denno75uk

Sometimes I just love this forum. It's the unexpected opportunities to learn. I've seen these loads of times in the past and despite always wondering what they are, never bothered looking them up. Just goes to show, true laziness needs dedication but someone else will do it for you eventually.

drb5-any chance of a larger version? The clickable one appears to be pretty much the same size.

Actually, forget it. I wasn't lazy for once and looked at your flickr. I like the 3/4 rear shot of it. Very nice.

drb5

Novice Member
Thanks for that guys.

I would have tried finding out what it was, but i truely didn't know where to begin!:confused: I'd never have thought it was a moth anyways. :D

drunkenmaster

Novice Member

Hmm maybe you are right but the wing configurement is slightly different it has got me thinking again.. and could be a Stenoptilia bipunctidactyla
My entymology is slightly rough round the edges!!
Sorry to go off topic!!!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom