Weird analogue ends. Does anyone know what these belong to?

thomasdward94

Novice Member
Hey guys,

I just posted on this thread to figure out if anyone would know what these cable ends belong to. My best guess is for some sort of old phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

IMG_9656.JPG
IMG_9651.JPG

Thank you so much,

Tom

Johnmcl7

Distinguished Member
I think it's the AV out for a camera to allow you to connect your camera to a TV using a composite connection (yellow carries the video them the red/white are left and right audio). The connector on the camera end wasn't standard although I think a few different camera companies use it, I can't tell easily from the photo but looks like one I had for a Fuji. It's obviously very old now as the composite connection was a poor quality video connection even for standard definition at the time but generally bundled with cameras because most TVs had it.

jamieu

As Johnmcl7 points out they're camcorder / camera cables. The first is for a Sony camcorder, the second for an Olympus camera/camcorder.

Almost certainly obsolete nowadays unless you still own the (I'm guessing) 10+ year old camera / camcorder and even if you do you'd likely need another adaptor to use it with a modern TV anyway. So problay safe to chuck them both in the bin.

Last edited:

thomasdward94

Novice Member
Hey guys,

I just want to say a huge thank you to you all, jamieu for the links to the cables. This is perfect!

I have a thing about throwing out old stuff, especially strange connections like this incase anyone else in the world might need them! hahahaha. I know how hard it can be to try and find old gear!

So thank you all very much, perhaps these can find a second life elsewhere.

Tom
As Johnmcl7 points out they're camcorder / camera cables. The first is for a Sony camcorder, the second for an Olympus camera/camcorder.

Almost certainly obsolete nowadays unless you still own the (I'm guessing) 10+ year old camera / camcorder and even if you do you'd likely need another adaptor to use it with a modern TV anyway. So problay safe to chuck them both in the bin.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom