Weightlifting Misconceptions

Well don’t come to me for advice on that one!
I loved the snag tooth Larry one he called me, I was in bits laughing. I even googled it as I’d never heard of it but there were no hits to it.
And how he knew I’d got 2 torn biceps, the mans a genius.

Our special US friends have a general view that us Brits have all got bad/crooked teeth, so that was probably it.
I wondered about the torn biceps thing, but of course he's the expert :)

Our special US friends have a general view that us Brits have all got bad/crooked teeth, so that was probably it.
I wondered about the torn biceps thing, but of course he's the expert :)
Right of course
wished I’d taken a photo of myself now with liquorice covering my teeth.
Wonder if he’s watched Jeremy Kyle

What's going on everyone,

There has been a lot of issues with "workout programs" and personal trainers lately that I noticed that need to be addressed.
QUICK BIO on me:
6'5"
210 lbs. LEAN
26 y.o.

The key factors in weightlifting comes down to your goals:
Stronger
Bigger
More athletic
Just to look good
Be healthier

Whether you are Male of Female we all have different goals but most workout programs and personal trainers only have one goal which is selfish success in their eyes through somebody on their program or that they are training. Sure some of the results are pretty good. But I'd have to say for the cost of the training and programs, the results don't match. I have been working out for years now. Went through trial and error with different programs (never hired a personal trainer because most are out of shape which makes no sense). I spent countless time doing research on how to "build muscle." Well let me tell you it took at least 3 years to have that "big" look that I was going after all while maintaining a lean physique, having athletic ability (run, swim, etc.), being healthy and stronger all at the same time. It's not a miracle in any way. It's actually commons sense once you learn the muscle fibers, form, sleep patterns, and MOST IMPORTANTLY diet.

I'm here for you, ask me anything.
Hi Justin, maybe you can express your mind on the following:
Crossfit has some specialty courses like powerlifting, aerobic capacity, strongman, WL, etc.
to your knowledge is there any way a mesocycle can be prepared which takes some important elements of each specialty and adds them to the particular mesocycle?
From what I have read, some PT like to divide training days within a mesocycle using the metabolic and the neurologic categories, not sure if the scheme is valid, but also taking from each specialty.
Thanks ahead of time for any info you can provide.

Hi Justin, maybe you can express your mind on the following:
Crossfit has some specialty courses like powerlifting, aerobic capacity, strongman, WL, etc.
to your knowledge is there any way a mesocycle can be prepared which takes some important elements of each specialty and adds them to the particular mesocycle?
From what I have read, some PT like to divide training days within a mesocycle using the metabolic and the neurologic categories, not sure if the scheme is valid, but also taking from each specialty.
Thanks ahead of time for any info you can provide.
Justin left the party im afraid.
None of us train anymore as we were all waiting on advice from him……

Which is more effective for exercising back muscles, REDACTED
Depends which part of the back… I’d personally go with dumbbells.. along with a bench there are numerous moves you can do to target upper, middle and lower back… I also love dumbbell RDL’s to target that lower back/ hinge/glutes/hamstrings to enable a full back completion

They were a spammer Gary.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom