Weightlifting Misconceptions

JustinMore

Novice Member
What's going on everyone,

There has been a lot of issues with "workout programs" and personal trainers lately that I noticed that need to be addressed.
QUICK BIO on me:
6'5"
210 lbs. LEAN
26 y.o.

The key factors in weightlifting comes down to your goals:
Stronger
Bigger
More athletic
Just to look good
Be healthier

Whether you are Male of Female we all have different goals but most workout programs and personal trainers only have one goal which is selfish success in their eyes through somebody on their program or that they are training. Sure some of the results are pretty good. But I'd have to say for the cost of the training and programs, the results don't match. I have been working out for years now. Went through trial and error with different programs (never hired a personal trainer because most are out of shape which makes no sense). I spent countless time doing research on how to "build muscle." Well let me tell you it took at least 3 years to have that "big" look that I was going after all while maintaining a lean physique, having athletic ability (run, swim, etc.), being healthy and stronger all at the same time. It's not a miracle in any way. It's actually commons sense once you learn the muscle fibers, form, sleep patterns, and MOST IMPORTANTLY diet.

I'm here for you, ask me anything.

roymunsen

Please don't tell me you're the white guy in your photo.

The onus is on you mate. I'm not the one rolling into a forum with all the arrogance. 210lbs at your height is pretty slender. No doubt you're in good shape, but you're banging on like you're the next Dorian Yates.

JustinMore

Novice Member
The onus is on you mate. I'm not the one rolling into a forum with all the arrogance. 210lbs at your height is pretty slender. No doubt you're in good shape, but you're banging on like you're the next Dorian Yates.
Is Dorian Yates athletic? No. Healthy? I highly doubt it with his "supplement stack". But he did look great. Did you read the whole thing? "Look good, more athletic, healthy" yes RIGHT NOW I only weigh that much, yes, but again lean. I have trained people bigger than me. People who want to be in shape and not big. In order to do that what's most recommended for my shape? Can you run 8+ miles right now and do a physique show right now? Yes I can't do a bodybuilder show. If I was dedicated to it I'd probably "stack supplements" and be huge, but I don't. Because it's not healthy. I have been a lot bigger before (mostly top heavy because I still ran long distances). But thats not what I want, personal preference. Doesn't mean I haven't helped people push past the 1000 lbs club. Just like how you want to be a strong man. Personal preference over being "lean and beautiful." More grizzly and big.

fruityloop

Why would you even comment? I understand the other guy because he looks tall and like a strongman. But what's your go-to? Bodybuilder? Strongman?
What’s looking tall and like a strongman got to do with anything? It doesn’t matter what I am.
I commented because I thought exactly the same as him.
you’ve put your stats up thinking your a big guy but your not, I’ve seen bigger Ethiopians.
And the other guy is right you’ve come over all arrogant and made yourself look like a c0ck.
I’m more than double your age, a lot smaller in height yet we’re not that far away in weight. Think that tells its own story doesn’t it? You’ve not got a clue how to train/eat.

JustinMore

Novice Member
What’s looking tall and like a strongman got to do with anything? It doesn’t matter what I am.
you’ve put your stats up thinking your a big guy but your not, I’ve seen bigger Ethiopians.
And the other guy is right you’ve come over all arrogant and made yourself look like a c0ck.
I’m more than double your age, a lot smaller in height yet we’re not that far away in weight. Think that tells its own story doesn’t it? You’ve not got a clue how to train/eat.
A bloated hot dog is going to say something about me? You look like you have two torn biceps (terrible genetics), absolutely no traps, small chest pretty much just boobs and a huge gut. You wonder where your weight comes from.

JustinMore

Novice Member
Find another thread to comment on snag tooth Larry. This ain't it

fruityloop

A bloated hot dog is going to say something about me? You look like you have two torn biceps (terrible genetics), absolutely no traps, small chest pretty much just boobs and a huge gut. You wonder where your weight comes from.
Think I’ve hit a nerve with you. It got me wondering why till I clicked on your name and found your just another big mouthed American whose come to tell us Brit’s how to train.
Ive never seen a lean American in my life, show us a photo of yourself with your huge chest and manly traps.
Stick to your side of the pond big mouth, we’re all doing just fine here.

Downinja

I could be wrong, but I suspect a sales pitch is about to land.

@JustinMore do you make your living from the fitness industry? Diet supplement? Coaching etc.

Forgive me if I am wrong but it's definitely come across like a pitch.

JustinMore

Novice Member
I could be wrong, but I suspect a sales pitch is about to land.

@JustinMore do you make your living from the fitness industry? Diet supplement? Coaching etc.

Forgive me if I am wrong but it's definitely come across like a pitch.
No, I don't. Just want to help people out. But it seems all I get is bloated hotdogs telling me I don't know about diet. hahaha

mooperman

Distinguished Member
so just so ive got this right... youve joined an audio and visual based forum to offer fitness advice in the very small, very quiet, fitness sub section? I mean thats the equivalent of me joining a gym so i can advise a PT on which TV to buy.

Your comment on not hiring a PT because they looked out of shape is a bit dumb as well to be honest - here is iron mike around his prime with this trainer.....

mike-tyson-excerpt-leadjpg.jpg

Honestly i assumed bot until i saw you were replying - by the way yes that is definitely me in my profile pic. :D

fruityloop

No, I don't. Just want to help people out. But it seems all I get is bloated hotdogs telling me I don't know about diet. hahaha
Who would take advice from you? Seriously! Your ego is that big you can’t fit through the door so I highly doubt you’ve seen the inside of a gym.
As for your bio haha, love how you used capitals for lean then later on you said it took you 3 years to get big. Your not big pal.
Looking forward to seeing your photo though, don’t pinch one from the internet skinny boy !!

finbaar

Thanks guys, this has really cheered my up. I read the first post on Sunday and was...... surprised by the tone. I could have predicted the Friendly way that Mr JustinMore was going to be welcomed. Will there be (Justin)more?

Xenomorph

Thanks guys, this has really cheered my up. I read the first post on Sunday and was...... surprised by the tone. I could have predicted the Friendly way that Mr JustinMore was going to be welcomed. Will there be (Justin)more?

Check out the other thread. It's even better :)
How about this for a knockout first post:

fruityloop

Check out the other thread. It's even better :)
How about this for a knockout first post:

I’ve just had a look, what a star in the making he is. Hes a tool, I’ll leave it at that.

rousetafarian

I’m bored, has his YT link landed yet?

mjn

Distinguished Member
Well, this thread improved my Friday mood!

fruityloop

I kind of miss our American knowledgable friend, hope he comes back.
suppose he’s spreading his wisdom across the globe and beyond.

Xenomorph

Yeah I was really looking forward to learning how to avoid becoming a bloated hot dog 😆

mjn

Distinguished Member
Hog dog. Never heard that slur before. TIL. :laugh:

fruityloop

Yeah I was really looking forward to learning how to avoid becoming a bloated hot dog 😆
Well don’t come to me for advice on that one!
I loved the snag tooth Larry one he called me, I was in bits laughing. I even googled it as I’d never heard of it but there were no hits to it.
And how he knew I’d got 2 torn biceps, the mans a genius.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Hisense TVs get Disney+ on VIDAA smart OS
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Astell&Kern launches entry level SR25 MKII portable music player
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
LG rumoured to release 97-inch OLED TV in 2022
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Blu-ray (UK) for Halloween 2021