1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wega CRT flatscreen - jagged pic/horizontal lines

Discussion in 'TVs' started by W99, Jun 18, 2005.

1. W99

W99
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I recently purchased a Sony 28" Wega flatscreen CRT (KV28HX15), and although I am very pleased with it, I'm almost sure I can see very fine horizontal black lines spaced a millimetre apart running from the top to the bottom of the screen. Also, the picture looks ever so slightly 'jagged' at times as a result of these lines.

Is this normal? This is the first time I've owned a pure flatscreen TV and maybe it just takes some getting used to. I'm sure my eyes will adapt if it is.

Thanks.

2. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    thats called the dot pitch, the space between the pixels and is inevitable on any screen. the higher the resolution, the finer the dot pitch as they have to cram more in to the same space.

from a distance it shouldnt be noticable. also on flat screens the dot pitch tends to get less fine towards the outer edge, because of the angle the electron gun has to work at, imagine if you have a non flat screen, then stretch the sides out flat, basically.