Weekly TZ MiniComp - "SOLITARY" - Open voting from 6pm Sat

CFC1

The theme for this week's TZ Owners Mini competition is "SOLITARY".

PICTURE ENTRIES ONLY ON THIS THREAD PLEASE UNTIL 6PM SATURDAY ... Thereafter any comments will be welcome!

All entries are required to be "OOC" - Out Of Camera with no cropping or Post Processing applied - other than rotation through 90 degrees for portrait/landscape purposes of course. All pictures must be taken within the week of the competition.

We welcome, and indeed, encourage all AVF users - not just TZ camera owners, to vote for their preferred entry by clicking the "Thanks" button for that post after the submissions deadline on Saturday evenings at 6pm. ...and all TZ owners are cordially invited to participate either by submitting their own entries or failing that, by voting.

Please note that entries must be in by 6pm on Saturday 10th December. .... Voting will then commence and close 24 hours later, at 6pm on Sunday 11th December.

Unlike Calvin, I haven't got any decorating to do, but the kid's bugging me to get the xmas decs down from the loft and get a tree up which is gonna be an olympic event in its own right.

So here's my entry this week, no catchy title, just a lone, solitary drawing pin...

P1040049.jpg by BubbleDouble, on Flickr

Darren

shotokan101

Suspended
Ho! Ho! Ho! :D

Solitary Santa....

P1060315-resized.jpg

After all who's got the most solitary job in the world at Xmas ? ;)

Jim

johnmc

Got one for this week .:)

Prize78

I'm in......

CFC1

THAT'S IT FOLKS! ... TIME'S UP FOR SUBMISSIONS TO THIS WEEKS' MINICOMP!

VOTING IS NOW OPEN TO ALL AND WILL FINISH AT 6pm TOMORROW (SUNDAY)

IF YOU'VE BOTHERED TO LOOK AT THE PICS, PLEASE VOTE TOO!

TO VOTE, simply hit the "THANKS" button on the post containing the picture of your choice.

:)

Nick for me this week, simple shot fitting the theme very nicely :smashin:

Close runners up were johnmc, soggs and Calvin, though everyone deserves a round of applause for their entries :clap:

Darren

topgazza

Distinguished Member
GC because its my kind of humour...

FallOutBoy

Prize for me this week too, think it fit the theme just right :thumbsup:

Goso I loved your shot but didn't feel it fit the theme so much, Calvin's I liked from the start but again it didn't scream 'solitary' at me. Darren's shot is also great but my brain kept telling me the pin wasn't central enough, like the spotlight on the left is slightly clipped and that kinda ruined it for me.

Great entries again, I must try and get one in myself next week but I think as its getting even closer to Christmas it's going to get even more difficult! :rolleyes:

shotokan101

Suspended
Nick for me to in the end - though I was torn between GC's entry (loved the humour too) - Darren's great Pin (hole?) shot and Johnmc's great landscape :)

Jim

Last edited:

soggs

Prize for me too this week, it's spot on the theme, with Darren's pin a very close second. All great entries as always :)

shotokan101

Suspended
Are you gonna "vote" for him then? :blush:

:D

GC for me this week ... very funny interpretation. :D :thumbsup:

Oops Sorry Darren - I got the names juxtaposed - Nick gets my vote :suicide: :facepalm: :blush:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Samsung teases 76-inch MicroLED TV plus flagship Q950A soundbar
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Amazon Music fully available on Android TV and Google TV platforms
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sony announces A90J UK/EU price and March availability
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 27th February 2021