Weekly TZ Mini Comp - "IT'S ONLY A GAME" - Open voting from 6pm Sat.

CFC1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The theme for this weeks TZ Owners Mini competition is "IT'S ONLY A GAME".

PICTURE ENTRIES ONLY ON THIS THREAD PLEASE UNTIL 6PM SATURDAY ... Thereafter any comments will be welcome!

All entries are required to be "OOC" - Out Of Camera with no cropping or Post Processing applied - other than rotation through 90 degrees for portrait/landscape purposes of course. All pictures must be taken within the week of the competition.

We welcome, and indeed, encourage all AVF users - not just TZ camera owners, to vote for their preferred entry by clicking the "Thanks" button for that post after the submissions deadline on Saturday evenings at 6pm. ...and all TZ owners are cordially invited to participate either by submitting their own entries or failing that, by voting.

Please note that entries must be in by 6pm on Saturday 7th May. .... Voting will then commence and close 24 hours later, at 6pm Sunday 8th May.

Right, somebody has to make a start with this demanding theme :rolleyes:..here is my first original B&W effort:clap:..I used B&W because I believe it suits better the "game" I chose.

P1020588 by Panos P, on Flickr

I took many shots, my idea was to show the blurry effect of the king falling, but my poor lighting did not help me and my shutter speed much.
This is the most decent and closer to what I was hoping for, best out of about 15photos.

Ok, I also believe the comp theme suggests colours and joy, but I guess it is better than nothing :eek::eek::D

P.S. I should have probably dusted my old wooden chess board:D:laugh:

Take care everyone!:hiya:
Panos

OK, here's mine, entitled "What's that ping-pong? ... surely not the Shat Hat?" :rolleyes: ...

:D

Last edited:
Well really struggled to even get this done today....

Called this "Just a Roll of The Dice...." :rolleyes:

P1030497-resized.jpg

JIm

Only 4 entries this week :rolleyes: ... how disappointing! :(

Anyhow, THAT'S IT FOLKS! ... TIME'S UP FOR SUBMISSIONS TO THIS WEEKS' MINICOMP!

VOTING IS NOW OPEN TO ALL AND WILL FINISH AT 6pm TOMORROW (SUNDAY)

IF YOU'VE BOTHERED TO LOOK AT THE PICS, PLEASE VOTE TOO!

TO VOTE, simply hit the "THANKS" button. :)

Easy choice for me this week as they are all pretty "shat-hattable" - except for Calvins :devil: - and that's including my entry :blush: - though I did like the idea of the chess set "action" from Panospav - but it just didn't quite work for me - lower angle might have helped and also avoid clipping the pieces....

Nice composition and lighting Calvin :smashin: (Bah!) :p

JIm

Went for the ping-pong photo myself. Nice colours and nice use of the lighting:smashin:

Big shat-hat competition I foresee this time :rotfl::rotfl:

I guess the entries will be more next time..the theme was pretty discouraging:devil::eek::nono::D

@Jim : if I used a lower angle, I had to come up with something to cover the mess in the room behind:oops::rotfl::rotfl:

Nice composition and lighting Calvin :smashin: (Bah!) :p
JIm

:eek: Ouch! ... That must have hurt ... again! :devil: :D Thanks Jim. :smashin:

It might help someone if I mention that when I took my first few table tennis pics on AE, the camera automatically selected 800 ISO which rendered the dark areas really noisy. As the pic was set-up and the camera mounted on a tripod, I was able to set it in the menu to use 100 ISO (could have chosen 80 ISO also). The result was a 1 second exposure, but none of the horrible noisy artefacts. ... Just bear in mind that there are sometimes better options available, depending on your pic-taking situation, so don't just use what the camera suggests all the time. :)

Not surprising, but CFC1 gets my vote again this week :thumbsup:

Went for the ping-pong photo myself. Nice colours and nice use of the lighting:smashin:
Much appreciated ... thanks! :thumbsup:

@Jim : if I used a lower angle, I had to come up with something to cover the mess in the room behind:oops::rotfl::rotfl:

Now, that's where me and Jim have a big advantage over you younger upstarts ... our wives are, shall we say, middle-aged ... and consequently wide-arse spread has long set in. This is in fact a benefit for a situation like yours, as Jim perfectly illustrates with his own entry... simply get the wife to put on a pair of black trousers and park her arse directly behind the composition, thus creating a backdrop for the image ... and concealing any clutter/mess in the background! :thumbsup: :rotfl: ;)

Hope Mrs Jim isn't reading this! :rolleyes: ... or Mrs CFC for that matter! :eek: :D

@ Ibcus ... Thanks very much for your vote ... much appreciated. :)

Now, that's where me and Jim have a big advantage over you younger upstarts ... our wives are, shall we say, middle-aged ... and consequently wide-arse spread has long set in. This is in fact a benefit for a situation like yours, as Jim perfectly illustrates with his own entry... simply get the wife to put on a pair of black trousers and park her arse directly behind the composition, thus creating a backdrop for the image ... and concealing any clutter/mess in the background! :thumbsup: :rotfl: ;)

Hell, my wife qualifies for this, but it just didn't occur to me to use her like that! Next time.... :D

p.s. Thanks for your vote Goso, much appreciated....might not get that hat after all :)

Sorry I've not contributed for a few weeks troops, bin a bit distracted with work stuff :rolleyes:

Must try and fire up the TZ for next week......

@Buggerlugs, thanks for your vote, much appreciated!

Sorry I've not contributed for a few weeks troops, bin a bit distracted with work stuff :rolleyes:

Must try and fire up the TZ for next week......

:smashin:

Jim

HAS to be CFC1 for me again this week.....;):)

HAS to be CFC1 for me again this week.....;):)

Awwww.... Come On! - he doesn't even own one Sony DSLR fer Chrissakes! let alone two :mad:

Jim :D

CFC again wins it for me with the ping pong.

Meant to take some shots today so I could enter but left the TZ at work yesterday but will make sure I enter next week.

:smashin: (the bit about entering next week that is :D)

Jim

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom