1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weekend TV

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by mason, Apr 22, 2005.

1. mason

mason

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Im not in very many weekends these days as I either at the footie or out on the lash but last weekend I was in all weekend and I thought I'd make the most of it and watch some telly as opposed to movies!

What a mistake..... what has happend to saturday night tv?.... its absolute dire!! :thumbsdow

Is it just me or has tv really hit an all time low? I remember when you could wip out the newspaper or tv mag on a sat night and circle a whole nights viewing. Now its all reality tv, blooper shows and the same old movies with more commercial breaks than the entire movie run time!! :mad:

What has happened to the family game shows, the comedy sitcoms etc. :confused:

As for Sky..... same old same old. We have... I dont know how many channels but half of them are the same only an hour behind. Movie channels??? I havent seen as many repeats in my puff.....

Never mind Im out tonight and tomorrow night so it wont effect me this weekend!! :smashin:

Whats your thots on tele viewing these days??

2. HMHB

HMHB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,957
    There's not a lot on at any time as far as I'm concerned - I tend to watch DVDs and old comedies on the sad-channel (AKA UKGold)

3. Squiffy

Squiffy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,970
    I don't really think the quality has gone down. It is just that expectations have gone up.

Granted there are lots of reality TV shows, but they only exist because people want to watch them.

In reality if you watch shows like Casualty, ER, Wildlife on 1, the soaps, the quality is just as good as ever.

And the quality of things such as Channel 4 news and some of the serious documentaries is extremely high.

Granted some of the family quiz shows have disappeared, but again this is all supply and demand. The stations will show what people want to watch. And even though I think they are irritating, things like Ant & Decs Saturday Night Takeaway are pretty entertaining.

I for one do NOT long for the "good" old days of Family Fortunes, 3-2-1, Blankety Blank, etc.

4. phillfyspoon

phillfyspoon
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    hey i like Family Fortunes I watch it on challenge tv and Bruces price is right lol. and my old favourate crystal maze.

5. w3dal

w3dal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +548
    Dont forget Blockbusters aswell!!!

6. Squiffy

Squiffy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,970
    Now that is one quiz show that I do miss.

But at least we still have Countdown. :)

7. OneEyedStuart

OneEyedStuart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +843
    Well I too am out tonight also, back in your neck of the woods taking in some culture up at the Tollbooth. Usually out with the guys in a Friday so no idea whats on the box on those nights. Tomorrow gf popping over so it'll be Chinese followed by Ray.

In all honesty I've been thinking of cancelling my SKY subscription now for some time, the only thing I actually do watch on a regular basis on pay telly is 24 on a Sunday evening, and the very odd footy match, mind you footy in Scotland is quite odd as it is.

After this current season of 24 comes to a close then I think it'll be a quick call to SKY.

So....... TV, don't waste your cash on PPV, just get the box sets when they are released on disc :rotfl:, certainly for me this would work out cheaper.

Regards
    KH

8. KoThreads

KoThreads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +165
    Agree totally Keith

On another post I ranted on and on about how dire terrestial TV had become, and quite a few threads came in about a lot of forum members only watching one or two shows a week.

I only seem to watch DVD's now and had mentioned that the £19.50 Sky package I have is a total waste of money and it will probably go soon. I'd like to ditch the TV, VCR then the license fee and just use my DVD/projector, except that the children would miss it when they visit. I had to endure TOTP last night. Worse than death itself it was.