Wedding presents

stevenM

Banned
Guys:

Did you get your wife a wedding present for the wedding day, if so what did you get her.

I'm getting married 2 weeks on saturday and stuck on ideas at the moment

Robothamster

Distinguished Member
I'm getting married on Sunday the 26th and wasn't thinking of buying my wife to be a present, is that normal?

She'll be getting me, what more would she need? :D

kBm

Distinguished Member
Without a doubt, YES!

I got the wife a necklace that went with her dress. I had the mother in law help me in in picking it. We had agreed that we would be buying gifts for each other before the big day, (but not what gift) so it was budgeted for.

You need a bottomless pit of money for weddings...

Last edited:

JimmyMac

Distinguished Member
We didn't, we figured we were spending enough already so there was little point in getting gifts between us

Robothamster

Distinguished Member
We didn't, we figured we were spending enough already so there was little point in getting gifts between us
This is my sentiment. I spent £270 on wine for the guests yesterday, pretty spent out. Beside the future Mrs T has all her outfit & jewelry sorted so wouldn't know what to get.

oska

Is she getting you something? If so your life won't be worth living if you don't bother. I bought a single diamond pendant necklace for her which she wore on the day and still wears now.

FZR400RRSP

Banned
I've been married twice, on neither occasion did we buy each other a present.
Why would we? :confused:
You get enough from other people and any spare funds should go towards the home you're setting up together.

Dony

Distinguished Member
We bought each other a watch.
I always thought that was bad luck....time ticking away on your relationship or something like that.

Didn't buy my wife a present on the day, though we did buy each other something on our honeymoon.

Mr_Wistles

Distinguished Member
I always thought that was bad luck....time ticking away on your relationship or something like that.

Didn't buy my wife a present on the day, though we did buy each other something on our honeymoon.
Well she was allergic to hers and it went back and mine is mechanical and only lasts a few days per wind!! We are still together though.

kopchoir

Banned
I bought my wife some Jewellery but from our daughter. I was thanking our mums on the speeches then went to another special mum in my wife,and my daughter came up and gave her the present.

Funny thing was that I went into the jewellers the day before in some scruffy tracky bottoms and a t shirt with a beanie hat on. I was browsing and was being ignored then, someone said can I help you
Yes I'm getting married tomorrow and I would like to buy my wife a gift.
Couldn't help but be nice to me and ooh this is nice etc etc. They stung me for £700 on a necklace and earrings

ldoodle

Distinguished Member
I did. Got her earrings matching the shape of her engagement ring, but each earring was half the size (in carrots) to that of her ring.

;)