Wedding Photograph Slideshow Timing

i240 Dan

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have given our wedding photographer a demanding task of producing our photograph slideshow to music.

I've prepared a list of music and want certain photographs to be displayed at certain points in time with the music.

To get the timing perfect will require the time each photograph is displayed to slightly alter during the slideshow. Some moving faster or slower to meet with the next crescendo or start of at the right point in the slideshow.

The photographer is using animoto and imovie to prepare the slideshow but is experiencing difficulties getting it right.

Does anyone know of a programme which I may be able to get hold of and use to produce what I want. The main feature needed is the ability to alter the on screen duration of each of the approx 260 images.

Thanks

Daniel

What problems is he having in iMovie? It should be able to handle it fine, although you may want to resize and convert them to something more manageable for it to handle (ie, don't give it 16megapixel RAW images)

Magix will do it - a bit tedious to do though

Thanks for the responses.

He is animoto and having seen the samples he's sent me I can see why. The effects and transitions are really nice.

The slideshow will run to four songs and he's managed to make two of the videos perfectly so far. I managed to play around with the timings using PhotoStory and have sent him over some track lengths which might line up the slides where I want.

Cheers for the advice

Dan

Pro show Gold and Vegas .... you get a lot of control
Sony Vegas Platinum.

Unless you want some really fancy transitions.
Vegas comes with those too
I have actually used both together
ie make Slideshow without audio in PSG imported to Vegas then added Audio
one I made last week combining video clips and a slide show

Last edited:
Pro show Gold and Vegas .... you get a lot of control

Vegas comes with those too
I have actually used both together
ie make Slideshow without audio in PSG imported to Vegas then added Audio
one I made last week combining video clips and a slide show
lola odus.wmv - YouTube

That's a great idea, one of the limitations of PSG is the handling of audio although the sync selected slides to a track is handy. I output from Pro Show Producer to Magix Edit Pro because producer doesn't have AVCHD burning. You can get a great FULL-HD slide show on a DVD blank. I scanned a mates monochrome wedding photos and produced a HD slide show with excellent results.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom