Wedding Gift ideas?

Grangey.

Distinguished Member
Hey all,

Im REALLY struggling here! One of my best mates who I've known all my life gets married at the end of the month, and I am REALLY struggling to find anything that I think is worthwhile giving them.

I cant decide what to get them- some form of gift experience, or some actual gift they can hold on to the rest of their lives (which I would prefer).

So the question-

To married people- what was the best gift you received? Or if you didnt receive it, what would it have been?

To people that have been to weddings before in Usher/ Best Man capacity- what present did you buy?

I could reeally do with some inspiration here as nothing seems good enough at the moment!:confused::confused::confused:

IronGiant

Over the last 24 years many of our presents have fallen by the wayside, but the ones we still have are posh (probably poncy :D) crockery and cutlery.

Ayub

Distinguished Member
Don’t know about the ol English weddings, we ( Pashtuns) give gold rings/bangles etc to close family and £50-100 to people we don’t know well but have been invited.

kBm

Distinguished Member
Over the last 24 years many of our presents have fallen by the wayside, but the ones we still have are posh (probably poncy :D) crockery and cutlery.

Aye - i love the sets of crystal glasses we received.
Plus the set of silver cutlery. :thumbsup:

Whats the budget?
Where is their honeymoon? (the brother in law bought us a gondola ride in Venice) So, you could plan ahead.

dBrowne

The services of a talented photographer to provide a wistful record of how good they were together in the early days before children and middle-age spread took their toll: young, happy, hopeful and in love. On second thought, that might be a bit cruel.
Matching tattoos?

Grangey.

Distinguished Member
Aye - i love the sets of crystal glasses we received.
Plus the set of silver cutlery. :thumbsup:

Whats the budget?
Where is their honeymoon? (the brother in law bought us a gondola ride in Venice) So, you could plan ahead.

budget, up to £150
Honeymoon is in New York, I too was thinking along the lines of getting them something they could do when theyre out there but run into a brick wall there too :laugh:

Thanks for the suggestions so far, I too like the idea of fancy crockery and crystal glassess etc- but they (and I) 24/25 so not sure if it seem abit to poncy for our age! ;) but thats definatley along the lines I was thinking as it would last a lifetime :)

kav

Distinguished Member

I've been best man twice - the first time we got them a few hundred quid in vouchers (as that's what they wanted) and a ceramic plate saying "Congratulations to (Bride & Groom) on your Wedding Day" with the date below it. It came with a special marker pen for writing on ceramic, and I got everyone at the top table and anyone else the bride and groom asked for to sign it. It then had to get baked in a cool oven which holds everyone's signatures in place permanently, making a nice keepsake for the bride and groom from their big day.

Second time I got the bride and groom a nice cutlery set with a personalised engraving (their names and date of wedding) on the case - much preferred giving that over vouchers. We also did the plate thing again as that went down really well with everyone the first time. IMO it doesn't matter your age - it's the kind of thing you will never buy yourself but you will use often over your life if you get it as a gift, and it will always cause you to think of who you got it from and that day.

badkarma

Agreed, especially the steak knives we got :D

Cash would also be greatly received, weddings ain't cheap, I was really surprised how much we got to be honest !

thedotlal

I've been best man twice - the first time we got them a few hundred quid in vouchers (as that's what they wanted) and a ceramic plate saying "Congratulations to (Bride & Groom) on your Wedding Day" with the date below it. It came with a special marker pen for writing on ceramic, and I got everyone at the top table and anyone else the bride and groom asked for to sign it. It then had to get baked in a cool oven which holds everyone's signatures in place permanently, making a nice keepsake for the bride and groom from their big day.

Second time I got the bride and groom a nice cutlery set with a personalised engraving (their names and date of wedding) on the case - much preferred giving that over vouchers. We also did the plate thing again as that went down really well with everyone the first time. IMO it doesn't matter your age - it's the kind of thing you will never buy yourself but you will use often over your life if you get it as a gift, and it will always cause you to think of who you got it from and that day.

First time I've heard of signing a plate :laugh: But still it sounds like an excellent gift, may have to pinch that idea from you for my cousins wedding :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom