• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Websites - Hosting etc

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
Hi guys,

After some advice on websites and hosting. At present I am a co-author of a website which is spread over free ISP webspace which is part of our ISP accounts. Whilst this is fine, it's not very slick and is quite slow. A domain name has been purchased from www.just-the-name.co.uk and works fine but their URL masking service is not available as the ISP requires any domain name to point AT a file. Therefore I am looking for advice on a company which will host my website and allow me to use URL masking. Any suggestions?

Many thanks

Synchro

Distinguished Member
You should be able to point the domain you purchased to any where, using nameservers. Most webhosts give you the nameservers in with the account information when you sign up.

A good webspace provider for you.....

Well this depends on a number of things.

Email accounts, databases, transfer limits, space, control panel interface.

I used www.ukhost4u.com for a while and thought that they provided a very cheap hosting service. They provide lots of extras. I don't really use them any more as i required more space for the site (quick plug www.ukpursuits.com ) and now use alternatives.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom