1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Websites - Hosting etc

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Rasczak, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,268
    Hi guys,

After some advice on websites and hosting. At present I am a co-author of a website which is spread over free ISP webspace which is part of our ISP accounts. Whilst this is fine, it's not very slick and is quite slow. A domain name has been purchased from www.just-the-name.co.uk and works fine but their URL masking service is not available as the ISP requires any domain name to point AT a file. Therefore I am looking for advice on a company which will host my website and allow me to use URL masking. Any suggestions?

Many thanks

2. Synchro

Synchro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +519
    You should be able to point the domain you purchased to any where, using nameservers. Most webhosts give you the nameservers in with the account information when you sign up.

A good webspace provider for you.....

Well this depends on a number of things.

Email accounts, databases, transfer limits, space, control panel interface.

I used www.ukhost4u.com for a while and thought that they provided a very cheap hosting service. They provide lots of extras. I don't really use them any more as i required more space for the site (quick plug www.ukpursuits.com ) and now use alternatives.