• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Website Construction - Automatic Daily Changing Message

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
Hi guys,

After a bit of website advice. Is there any (easy) way to create a daily automatically changing message on a website? I am looking for something where I can upload the messages in advice and have them appear on specific dates? e.g. 25 December - "Merry Christmas". Ideally I would also like the same functionality for pictures.

I had a look on Google but couldn't see anything that immediately seems to be meet my needs which I found surprising as this must be a fairly popular requirement for many websites? Surely it is only a question of a basic spreadsheet/database functionality as well?

liamt

Distinguished Member
you need to look up javascript and date object. should be pretty easy to do. serverside code (asp, php, CF etc) would be easier but not sure on what type of server you use.

basically then you just loop through the dates in an array or via if else to see if any meet the conditions (dates) you want to display a message for.

liamt

Distinguished Member
no worries. half the time you just need to know the method and then there are loads of examples out there.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom