WebOS

stuarttunstall

Standard Member
Reaction score
As some of you may have seen, I have just had my first new TV in 11 years, and purchased my first LG which I must say I am impressed with... only issue is the manual is rubbish... lol

One question for you long standing LG owners, how reliable is the WebOS operating system? I have searched and can't see any major issues, and I suspect if there were the internet would be full... lol

I am used to convetional TV's not computer software related and its all new to me, and worries me a little :) I know what computers are like...

Also, I think this is down to how my 77 year old Mom is using the TV but we have the Sky TV box connected to HDMI4 as we watch this 99% of the time, so when the Sky box is turned off we turn the TV off still on HDMI... on Sunday mornning and today when she gets up in a morning she presses the standby button to swith the TV on, then presses the "SKY" button to put Sky TV on... but both mornings it has started in "live TV" mode... so when I get up I have to select the HDMI souce..

Now what makes me think she may be doing somthing is, it was turned off at 7.30 today and turned back on about 1pm and it worked perfect.. do you agree that it is somthing she is pressing? or does somthing happen overnight?

Very odd.. I know the old Sony could change source if you pressed the buttons on the SKy remote in a certain way..

Any comments would be appreciate.

Stuart

Last edited:
It's excellent, I love it. For me, it's good enough it would tip the balance for me if I was buying a new TV and all else was equal, or even nearly equal.

Thank you, as I say all new to me and just concerns me a little, even though I updated OK :)

Best thing you can do is setup the LG TV remote code on your sky remote and hide the tv remote you dont need it, just use the sky remote to turn the TV on and Off (hold itdown for 4 secs)

Press the pwoer button on the sky remote and the tv will come on the same time as the SKY box

The above is what ive been doing since Nov 2017 and works ectremely well, i also watch netflix in 4K and amazon prime, Plex and smart IP use the Apps on the TV so i use my mobile ohone to control the TV (LG smart TV app)

As some of you may have seen, I have just had my first new TV in 11 years, and purchased my first LG which I must say I am impressed with... only issue is the manual is rubbish... lol

One question for you long standing LG owners, how reliable is the WebOS operating system? I have searched and can't see any major issues, and I suspect if there were the internet would be full... lol

I am used to convetional TV's not computer software related and its all new to me, and worries me a little :) I know what computers are like...

Also, I think this is down to how my 77 year old Mom is using the TV but we have the Sky TV box connected to HDMI4 as we watch this 99% of the time, so when the Sky box is turned off we turn the TV off still on HDMI... on Sunday mornning and today when she gets up in a morning she presses the standby button to swith the TV on, then presses the "SKY" button to put Sky TV on... but both mornings it has started in "live TV" mode... so when I get up I have to select the HDMI souce..

Now what makes me think she may be doing somthing is, it was turned off at 7.30 today and turned back on about 1pm and it worked perfect.. do you agree that it is somthing she is pressing? or does somthing happen overnight?

Very odd.. I know the old Sony could change source if you pressed the buttons on the SKy remote in a certain way..

Stuart

Stuart

The TV will, by default, switch to the Live TV mode overnight in order to update its programme list. You can easily turn it off though:

upload_2019-1-15_6-7-21.png

Thanks all, really appreciate it..

I have now turned off the program list update so fingers crossed I will not get ear ache of my old Mom in the morning lol ...

I presume this means if I want to use Freeview I can manuall do a scan/update as and when needed?

Actually I have another question which I think is a known issue reading the internet..

Freeview play .. not being able to scroll back through the planner? is this an issue or am I doing it wrong?

Yes, but the reality is the channels and their positions don't change that often.
Much depends on which transmitter you're receiving your TV channels from.

All TV channels within multiplexes currently located within the 700Mhz (and above) frequency range are being shifted in phases to lower frequencies....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom