• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Webmaster help needed!

boyimace

Hi,

I have this problem I just know you lot will be able to help with, alright I have got:

Domain name registered with Fasthost

Webspace with 5gbfree

I've changed the dns so that the website now comes up but emails (which are forwarded through fasthost) are not coming through anymore, do I need to change some further setting on fasthost or 5gbfree to enable them to come through?

Please someone help as I'm tearing my hair out trying to figure it out!

Thanks

LJx

I am not sure but I think you will have to setup email with your hosting company and after having a quick look they don't seem to provide free email to use with your domain

MarkE19

As Sweat says you need to setup the mail forwarding on your host server. The Fasthost server is no longer hosting the domain so any forwarding will have no effect on the domain.

I have 2 domains bought via Fasthost. The first one is used purely for my own personal email and is hosted/forwarded by my setting on the Fasthost control panel. The other domain is for my local pubs web site that I built for them and is hosted elsewhere. For the pubs emails to get forwarded the host server needs to do all the forwarding. I did at first get caught in the same trap as you and was pulling out my hair trying to catch the emails.

Mark.

boyimace

Thanks guys, I kinda thought it may be that, balls, I'm going to purchase a hosting package from Fasthost to keep everything simple for the future.

Much appreciated

MarkE19

You don't need to pay for web hosting just to receive the emails sent to your domain name. Just use the control panel of the host (5gbfree) to set up a 'catch all' forward to a known email address. Or you can set individual forwards if required so emails can go to different known email addresses, ie [email protected] gets forwarded to [email protected] and [email protected] gets forwarded to [email protected] etc etc.

Mark.

boyimace

Cheers Mark but it seems I'd have to pay for the pro version of 5gbfree to obtain the email forwarding/catchall feature. I think there are other free webspace providers who do offer email forwarding, I'll take a look.

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom