1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Webelectricals - what are my rights?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by conington, Jun 27, 2002.

1. conington

conington

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I purchsed a Tosh' sd510E from Webelectricals on June 13, delivery was on time the following day. Unfortunately the machine had a fault and needed to be returned, it was supposed to have been picked up on Friday June 20, this was not done and the error was admitted with the machine finally being picked up on Monday June 23.

I received a call on June 25 stating that the inners would be replaced but the original casing would be used due to some scratches (these may have come from a Digibox which I kept on the top although I didn't see any scratches), the box was also a bit of a mess due to decorators having been working near to where it was left (only some paint on the inside of the box, not anywhere near the machine).

I agreed that if the inners were new this would not be a problem to me, the machine was supposed to be delivered back today, it has not turned up and I am told that this was an error as before for collection.

The machine has been promised for delivery prior to 11:00 tomorrow. I have said that if it does not turn up I will cancel the order, Webelectricals state that as there were scratches on the machine and the box was not "as new" I cannot cancel the order.

Please would someone advise as to whether I am within my rights to cancel the order and payment should this machine not be delivered prior to 11:00 tomorrow.

Many thanks

2. CWB

CWB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think you are very shaky ground. The damage to the set by the decorators or whatever puts you in a bad position.

Also, in any event, I think you would need to set a reasonable deadline (say 1 week) - not just another 24 hours.

3. conington

conington

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Unit turned up today, so provided it now works OK all is well. The damage was to the box that the unit came in, the unit itself was fine although Webelectricals did say there was a scratch on its casing (as I mentioned probably just from sliding the Digibox on top of it).

Thanks for the response.