Webcam

estrellaazul2010

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have joined this forum in the hope someone can help. I have bought a plug and play webcam which I want to use on my LG tv to be able to keep in touch with family via video during these strange times, perhaps through Skype, Zoom or WhatsApp. I have plugged in usb but it is nowhere to be found on the tv. Do I need to install anything to run it even though it should be plug and play? It is a LG - OLED55B9PLA tv.

Last edited:
You can't use a webcam with WebOS it is not a PC.

It's more of an interactive kiosk with limited functionality.

The device you probably want to get is the Facebook Portal TV which is a cam system (with manual switches to block cam) designed to work with whats app, zoom, fb messenger. It connects via HDMI to the TV for video so works like any regular set top box.

When I was searching for a webcam it says it works with tv's 🤦🏼‍♀️
So does this FB Portal TV system have a built in camera?

When I was searching for a webcam it says it works with tv's 🤦🏼‍♀️
So does this FB Portal TV system have a built in camera?

Probably should have said "android tv's"

Never seen or heard of this Facebook portal before. I use WhatsApp at the moment on my mobile but to try and see family altogether would be great on my large TV. Are there other similar devices out there not specifically Facebook as not a lot of people I know use it?

Never seen or heard of this Facebook portal before. I use WhatsApp at the moment on my mobile but to try and see family altogether would be great on my large TV. Are there other similar devices out there not specifically Facebook as not a lot of people I know use it?

Screencast your phone to the TV and put phone on a stand/holder....

You use WhatsApp on your phone - does that show adverts?

No there are no WhatsApp ads just messages. I have an ad blocker on computer, watch TV channels with no ads or I pay not to see them.

WhatsApp has video calling - use that and screencast to TV as I said originally.....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom