Webcam to mobile & Powerpack advice...

On4Wheels

Novice Member
Reaction score
Thanks for letting me join the forum.
As powered wheelchair user, I’m always trying to think of gadgets, and do my best to create an idea into a working gadget.
I currently have a powerchair that I’d like to fit a rear facing webcam to see hazards & tight spaces behind me. (I'm rigid and have zero head/neck movement. ) The webcam has a USB Female plug, which I plug into a ‘splitter pictured below’ where which has a USB Male plug which goes into a USB Powerbank.The Samsung Galaxy S5 is connected to the splitter by the 3rd micro usb.
Now the webcam works great on the mobile, yet although the USB powerpack ‘connects’ to the phone, no charge is sent to the mobile, just an intermittent ‘battery empty’ logo.
Can someone please advise as to A) It’s actually possible to link a webcam, mobile and Powerpack and B) am I using the correct splitter cable (PIC below) The reason for the battery pack is that the mobile battery doesn't last for much over 3 hours and ideally I'd like to use it all day. (Busy places, public transport etc etc
51j8qIFVPJL._SS284_.jpg

I don't think what you're trying to do will work, I've found this on YouTube to get a USB webcam working on your mobile, but then you wouldn't be able to charge either.

Thanks so very much for the reply. I guess I'm expecting this S7 to do things way beyond its design. Oh well back to the drawing board

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom