Webcam & Headset

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by rayhammond, Dec 20, 2006.

1. rayhammond

rayhammond

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently been given a Logitech Webcam Chat, and a Plantronics DSP400 Headset & Microphone. Its works fine under testing but when I use the video part of the webcam, on playback I get no sound.

Anyone got any ideas, I am scratching my head as all the settings seem ok to me.

2. rob roberts

rob roberts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    have you set your mic to use the headset and not the camera mic.

3. rayhammond

rayhammond

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for advice but camera doesn't have mic.

4. meansizzler

meansizzler
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    Go to control panel/sound and audio devices.., in the Audio tab set both boxes to your soundcard, in the Voice tab set both boxes to your headset, if you want to get sound eg. music out of your headset then in the Audio tab set both boxes to your headset, since it's USB i'm afraid that you have to keep switching between your sound card and headset when you want to change the audio output, but for msn conversations/skype you just need to leave the voice tab set to your headset and it will work.., also remember to set the up the program you are using to use your headset as the default playback/recording device..

5. rayhammond

rayhammond

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for advice, I had actually tried all of what you said but to no avail. However I noticed I was getting a message regarding the bandwith on usb controller, so have placed in my PC some Hi-Speed USB ports and plugged the camera & headset only into them and low and behold it works perfectly.

Thanks again for taking the trouble to reply to my query.