• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

web n walk (t-mobile internet) for the iphone

gurv1

Standard Member
Hi

I was wondering if someone could help I have currently unlocked a iphone 3G to tmobile, but on my previous phones I had a web n walk button (app) so i could access the internet plan I have with tmobile, but I can not do this on my iphone can some one help me and tell me what I am doing wrong.

Thanks

achoudry

just use safari to go online and use the web. your t-mobile web n walk will automatically be used as long as the sim is in the iphone.

Omegac

Do you have these settings to get it to work on T-Mobile?

1. Go to "Settings">>General>>Network

2. Under "Cellular Data" type the following:
APN: general.t-mobile.uk
Username: user
Password: pass

3. Under "MMS" Enter the following:
APN: general.t-mobile.uk
Username: user
Password: pass
MMSC: http://mmsc.t-mobile.co.uk:8002
MMSC IP: 149.254.201.135:8080

4. Reboot the phone.

mickyd67

This works no bother gurv1 - I have used the 3GS on T-Mobile for 3 or 4 months now. All part of the data plan, and pretty decent 3G coverage.

RSRAVI

Hi ,

me just got a iphone factory unlocked ,,

I have put the settings above ..

But i find it very slow...also 3G works sometimes ...sometimes it dont...

any ideas or help please......

GPRS is just very slow ..........

rune

Guys what is T-mobiles coverage like for 3G? We've all seen the coverage maps, but reality is normally nothing like it.. .. Im with O2, whats their coverage like? Rubbish if you move around (like driving down the M4, or take the train from SW to London), which is often when you want/need 3G coverage.. Is T-mobile any better?

RobM

Distinguished Member
It's impossible to say with any certainty as it varies by location, like all networks. Those lucky enough to have good TMobile signal will say it's great, the best... those without will say it's rubbish.

I'm in the latter camp, it's terrible in any location I spend time with Voda and O2 being the best.

Suck it and see... get yourself a TMobile PAYG SIM and try it out.

Ganangri

Standard Member
I'm planning to joint T-mobile on T-Mobile Combi 30 + Web n Walk.
It comes wiht 1GB allowance for Web browsing & Emails.

Is this all I need for an iPhone (still yet to be purchased) for internet / data browsing or do I need a special package?

Cheers.

gurv1

Standard Member
:thumbs

Hi

I have input the network settings above and it works but I am unable to downloads games as it says I need a wifi connection. Is there anythin else I can do to make it faster or try something else.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom