Web Interface v2.87 for Foxsat HDR

raydon

An update to the web interface is now available for download from the repository. Use the 'Update package list from Internet' button in 'Package Management', for the new version to appear in the 'Upgrades' tab.

New in version 2.87
Media folders only, i.e. those under Video, Music and Photos, plus attached USB drives (including NASmounts) now have an Opt+ menu containing the following two options:

Delete
Folders, complete with all contents, can now be deleted from the Media Browser in a single operation. Folder content is first checked for any recordings with the "Protected" flag set, in which case the folder will not be deleted. A "Deleting..." activity spinner will be displayed and all Opt+ buttons disabled for the duration of any delete operation, either folder or file.

Rename
Folders can now be renamed from the Media Browser. Any recordings within the folder will have their associated .hmt sidecar file corrected to reflect the new folder name. This is necessary so that the recordings continue to be seen in the HDR's own Media list. Similarly, the recording schedule is checked, and if the folder has an active series recording associated with it, the schedule will be updated with the new folder name also.

The Opt+ menu has been enhanced by adding icons to each menu option.

Hope you like the changes.

Last edited:

TJT1

Brill and thanks raydon. I'll check it out as soon as my Hummy boots.

PS Patience is a virtue!

Last edited:

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
Excellent :)

Jellyroll

The new Opt+ option works as expected in Chrome 41 (64-bit) and IE11, but while Firefox 34.0.5 shows the icon, clicking on it doesn't do anything obvious on my system. Anyone else see this?

raydon

The new Opt+ option works as expected in Chrome 41 (64-bit) and IE11, but while Firefox 34.0.5 shows the icon, clicking on it doesn't do anything obvious on my system. Anyone else see this?
No need to say thank you for the feature you requested being implemented, and no, Firefox 34.0.5 is fine for me here. I do hope you did the obvious things like clearing your browser cache before rushing to post this as an issue. Did the Opt+ menu still work on individual recording files ?

browse..png

Last edited:

Jellyroll

No need to say thank you for the feature you requested being implemented
Phew! Lucky I hadn't yet done so, or I might have made a complete fool of myself. ;)

Sorry, no, I didn't want it to come across as "thanks, but...", so didn't say it last night. Poor decision on my part. Of course I am, and remain, both extremely grateful for and hugely admiring of the work you put in and the results you achieve, you and the other contributors whom I've name-checked in the past.

I do hope you did the obvious things like clearing your browser cache before rushing to post this as an issue.
Aye, and made sure I didn't have the web interface open in any other tabs or windows before cautiously asking if anyone else could see the same symptom, rather than reporting it as an issue.

Did the Opt+ menu still work on individual recording files ?
It does indeed, both on left-click and right-click, but on the Firefox running on my Windows 7 64-bit laptop neither left nor right brings up the "onclick" menu for the folder Opt+, with right-click bringing up Firefox's own context menu. The same release of Firefox on my old 32-bit XP PC works fine, as does Firefox on my wife's Mac. Very curious.

Inspecting the "Opt+" Icon on the laptop, Firefox has no event associated with it.

Right-click on the Folder Opt+:
upload_2014-12-29_11-32-51.png

Right-click on a file Opt+:

upload_2014-12-29_11-32-59.png

Inspecting Elements:
upload_2014-12-29_11-33-4.png

upload_2014-12-29_11-33-13.png

Last edited:

TJT1

Tis the same on both my 32bit W7 and 64bit W7 machine in FF & IE. It worked OK yesterday as I deleted a couple of folders.
I feel a reboot coming on.

Ignore this. Wrong box, not Foxsat but T2 and I didn't study the screendumps close enough. Sorry for any confusion.:facepalm:

Last edited:

TJT1

Works OK for me in both IE and FF on both my 64 bit and 32 bit W7 machines.

Jellyroll

Tis the same on both my 32bit W7 and 64bit W7 machine in FF & IE. It worked OK yesterday as I deleted a couple of folders.

So it stopped working for a while, as I understand the above. What did you reboot to restore operation? The PC, the Hummy, or both?

raydon

Just to clarify, when you say "Tis the same" what exactly are you comparing it with ? Your earlier good results or Jellyrolls bad ones ?

TJT1

My post at #8 was duff info. My findings were based on my T2 and not my Foxsat. Please forgive me for the mistake. I didn't realise that I had posted it as I realised it was the wrong box and thought that I had cancelled the post. My reply at post #10 was directly after I had booted up my Foxsat. from cold and it works OK.

raydon

So it's back to just Jellyroll experiencing a problem.
Here's my screenshot of Firefox elements for Opt+ button. Note the differences between this and Jellyroll's screencap. I'm inspecting the contextMenu element bound to the Opt+ image, rather than the image itself.

OptMenu.png

Last edited:

TJT1

How do you get that view in FF. I'll have a look at mine, but suspect it will be the same as raydon's.

raydon

How do you get that view in FF.
Right click anywhere in the page white space and select "Inspect Element" or use the Ctrl/Shift/Q combination to open Firefox's Developer Tools. Then ensure the "Inspector" tab is selected and expand this div using the twisty arrow on the left.
<div style="clear: both">
Highlight the "doptmenu" line then click on any folders Opt+ button above.
No need to post a screenshot though, a confirmation that it is the same will suffice.

Last edited:

Jellyroll

I'm inspecting the contextMenu element bound to the Opt+ image, rather than the image itself.
Possibly a daft question, but where in the HTML does the menu get "bound" to the image (as looking at this might indicate why it's not doing so on my system)?

TJT1

Mine is like this, if I am looking in the right place.
<ul id="doptmenu" class="contextmenu" styles="moz-usr-select: none; top:: xxxpx; left: xxxpx; display: block;"></ul>

raydon

Possibly a daft question, but where in the HTML does the menu get "bound" to the image (as looking at this might indicate why it's not doing so on my system)?
Here, by the inclusion of this javascript.
<script type="/cgi-bin/browse/browse.js"></script>
The script contains this code at line 347

$('img.dopt').contextMenu(
{
menu: 'doptmenu',
leftButton: true,
beforeShow: preparedmenu
},
dmenuclick
);

which binds the Opt+ image with class="dopt". (image actually has two classes defined "dopt" and "va") to contextMenu with id="doptmenu"

Jellyroll

Bingo! In spite of my pressing its "Clear Now" button, Firefox still had the (a?) prior version of that .JS file cached. A pass with CCleaner has done the trick.

fscking Firefox!

Thanks for the extra pointers, raydon, and thanks for implementing folder-renaming linked back to the recording schedule. So useful.
bow.gif

raydon

Glad you finally got a result. Did you have the "Time range to clear" set to "Everything" before hitting the "Clear Now" button in Firefox ? That always worked for me.
And would you mind going back and editing your posts with screenshots attached, and change ATTACH=full to ATTACH=thumb just to tidy up the thread a little. They can still be expanded by anyone wanting to view them.

Jellyroll

No time range option where I was looking:
upload_2014-12-30_13-49-15.png
It's (unfortunately) entirely possible that my press of the button was ignored completely.

All images now thumbnails.

Jellyroll

In spite of trying hard not to learn something new every day (on account of my brain being full, so learning something new risks making me forget something old, like my name), I learned something new today. Chtrl+Shift+Del, eh? Thanks for the tip. :smashin:

TJT1

What would make the super delete cmd. even better, now that deleting a folders worth of stuff could take quite a long time, if, once you chose 'Delete', it were to pop up a 'DELETING' message that is cleared when the stuff has been deleted so that you get some sort of feedback that you have chosen 'delete' and it is working. And, even better, perhaps an interlock to prevent the user trying to delete a second file/folder whilst one is already deleting as in the std. firmware. I got my files into a bit of a b*****s muddle a while ago by deleting a second before the first had finished.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN800B 8K TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Movies Podcast: 8th August 2022
  • By Casimir Harlow
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 8th August 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Warner Bros Discovery set to combine Discovery+ and HBO Max
  • By Ian Collen