Web Interface v2.82 for Foxsat HDR

raydon

Prominent Member
Reaction score
An update to the web interface is now available from the online repository.

New in this version:
  1. A 'Change Channel' option via the channel icons on the 'Now/Next' and '7 Day' EPG screens, plus the 'Programme Details' popup window. Note: This option will only become available if the remote control package is installed.
  2. Option to have confirmation of this channel change, or an immediate change. Selection of the confirmation option is via a new setting in the 'Web Interface Settings' pane.
  3. A default channel icon will now displayed, rather than just a blank field, for any channel not having its own icon.
The 'Change channel from EPG' was a requested feature, and is a port-over from original sources on the HDR Fox T2 web interface written by af123, and modified by me for use on the Foxsat HDR.
Thanks af123. My thanks also go to beta testers David500 and adrianf36.

Also available for download from the repository at this time is an updated web interface documentation package which reflects all recent additions and changes. This package was prepared by David500. Thanks once again David.

Raydon,

Thanks for the change channel option - just what i was after. Great to have such a well supported and managed custom software.

Paul

Hi Raydon.
Don't seem to be able to download the new WI. Get the error message
Collected errors:
* opkg_conf_init: Could not lock /tmp/opkg.lock: Resource temporarily unavailable.
Updating package meta information.
Updating EPG DefaultAuth information.
Is this anything my end? I have tried a re-boot.

Already tried. Didn't work.
Re-booted again. Worked OK this time. So it was a problem my end then. Thanks

Hi Guys

Having done the update:

If I click on a programme in the Scheduled Events page to view programme details I get:

"Runtime Error: /opt/webif/lib/epg.class:541: no such column: undefined in procedure 'epg' called at file "epg_info.jim", line 24 in procedure 'epg' called at file "/opt/webif/lib/epg.class", line 546 at file "/opt/webif/lib/epg.class", line 541

I have done 3 warm boots and also switched off and on but the problem persists.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Andrew

Hi Guys

Having done the update:

If I click on a programme in the Scheduled Events page to view programme details I get:

"Runtime Error: /opt/webif/lib/epg.class:541: no such column: undefined in procedure 'epg' called at file "epg_info.jim", line 24 in procedure 'epg' called at file "/opt/webif/lib/epg.class", line 546 at file "/opt/webif/lib/epg.class", line 541

I have done 3 warm boots and also switched off and on but the problem persists.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Andrew
Oops, sorry about that. I've been changing some custom data attribute definitions in EPG pages to reduce html errors and I missed changing the corresponding attributes in the schedule page which uses the same 'Programme Details' popup. Will push out a corrected version tomorrow.

EDIT: OK, easy fix, all sorted. Corrected version 2.82 now in repository.

Last edited:
Oops, sorry about that. I've been changing some custom data attribute definitions in EPG pages to reduce html errors and I missed changing the corresponding attributes in the schedule page which uses the same 'Programme Details' popup. Will push out a corrected version tomorrow.

Thanks Raydon,so you are human! :laugh: But a hero to many of us!

Sorry about the quality control problem. Updated v2.82 with correction available now.

Anyone else suffering the "No default authority data available for this channel. Unable to set the recording." message when trying to set a recording on CBBC?

I've run a package update from the internet and rebooted but still the same.

Service ID's have changed for CBBC and CBBC HD. If you update list from Internet now, and restart your HDR it should be sorted.

Cheers :beer:

I record some of the nature programs on CBBC HD, new series starts Monday so can now set them up to record. :thumbsup:

Cheers :beer:

I record some of the nature programs on CBBC HD, new series starts Monday so can now set them up to record. :thumbsup:
You could still have done that from the Foxsat's own GUI. It's only the web interface that needs the default authority database to schedule recordings.

You could still have done that from the Foxsat's own GUI. It's only the web interface that needs the default authority database to schedule recordings.

:facepalm: True but your great firmware has spoilt me. :)

I'm not even sure where the Foxsat is other than on the end of a bit of RJ45 somewhere. :laugh:

Your help is much appreciated.

Channel Icons v1.18 Released
Includes the following channels:
Inspiration TV
JML Store
truTV

Channel Icons v1.19 Released
Includes the following Icons:
BBC ALBA 2AUD (Ch 1997) - New icon
JML Store (Ch 809) - Updated icon
5* +1 (Ch 132) - New icon
more>movies+1 (Ch 156) - New icon
ITVBe (Ch 118) - New icon

Channel Icons v1.20 Released
Includes the following Icons:
IRISH TV (Ch 400)
BONANZABONANZA (Ch 157)
Dance Xmas (Ch 503)

Web Interface v2.83 now available.
This fixes a minor bug whereby the default replacement icon would not be displayed in:
(a) Browse Media Files - Media Details
(b) EPG - Now/Next
(c) EPG - 7 Day
if the actual icon was missing for that channel.
Thanks to David500 for spotting this.

Last edited:
WebIf Documentation v1.09 now available
Minor updates following SatInfo Plug-in and WebIf v2.83

Hi Raydon

I have a minor problem with my WebIf Scheduled Events screen.

Scheduling ‘The Phil Silvers Show’ from Forces TV (Channel 652), causes all the later programmes to disappear.

Deleting the series on my Foxsat, causes all those later programmes to re-appear on the WebIf.

This persists, despite switching off and rebooting the Foxsat.

Any thoughts on this? I would not have bothered reporting this, except that if it is a bug, you might want to include a fix in a future update.

Finally, can I just thank you again for all the time and effort you have put into the WebIf and AV2HD projects. REALLY appreciated!

I am using
WebIf: 2.83
Custom firmware 4.1.3

Cheers

Hi avie9,
The problem seems to be caused by some unexpected characters appearing in the Event CRID's for this particular channel, which are causing the epg binary to get severe indigestion. Result is that the epg utility crashes at the point where it tries to interpret that CRID and any following data requested is lost. Compare the following epg dump from BBC1 with the next one from Forces TV and you'll see what I mean. The CRID appears to be a URL Encoded string in which case BF%2F04%2F08%2F2014%2F089 translates as BF/04/08/2014/089. Possibly an encoded date, but neither /04 or /08 tie in with December ? We may need to recompile the binary with a workaround for this, so thanks for the heads up. Adrian, if you are reading this please PM me.

Code:
  Service ID: 6471
  Event ID: 53449
  start_date: 0xdeaf 22:35:00 (Tue Dec 16 22:35:00 2014)
  duration: 1:00:00
  encrypted: 0
  Name: The Apprentice
  Text: 11/14. The Final Five: As the tenth series draws to a close, this programme profiles the remaining candidates. Also in HD. [S]
  Content Type: News/Current affairs (2)
  Event CRID: /1RKG8A
  Series CRID: /MJ4V4F

Code:
  Service ID: 6033
  Event ID: 4248
  start_date: 0xdea9 10:25:00 (Wed Dec 10 10:25:00 2014)
  duration: 0:35:00
  encrypted: 0
  Name: The Phil Silvers Show
  Text: Mink Incorporated. Classic 1950s comedy series starring Phil Silvers as Master Sergeant Ernest G. Bilko of the United States Army.
  Content Type: News/Current affairs (2)
  Event CRID: /BF%2F04%2F08%2F2014%2F089
  Series CRID: /PSS002

Last edited:
OK, problem sorted. Turned out to be the the reading of the SQL database for EPG data, not the epg binary itself. The % character has a "special" purpose in SQL, and needs to be treated differently from normal characters. Thanks to adrianf36 for the fast analysis, and for providing the fix so quickly for this.
A web interface update to v2.84 is now available in the online repository which includes this fix.
Also available is an update to epg v1.7 which addresses another minor issue, unrelated to this one.

Finally, an entry has been added to the 'DefAuthInit.sql' file for the 'Forces TV' channel. enabling schedules to be set from the web interface. This file will automatically be updated for you when you 'Update Package List from Internet' prior to downloading the web interface update. However, a reboot is required for it to take effect.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom