Web Interface v2.7 for Foxsat HDR

That sounds like an excellent idea. I have a wierd problem, unless I change to the system32 folder in the command prompt I can't run any of the dos command files dir etc :confused:

Yes I have tried using the path command to put system32 in the search path. megaconfused.

A cmd prompt puts me in the C:\users\graham folder.

I will create a batch file, ie regenerate a long lost skill. Still have the books though :rotfl:

Graham which version of Windows please?
And, what does a command window show when path is entered>

Hi all, many thanks for the replies! :thumbsup:

eager to see a script

Cheers

Graham which version of Windows please?
And, what does a command window show when path is entered>

Windows7 32 Home Premium

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Graham>path
PATH=C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Shared;C:\Program Files\CineForm\Tools

C:\Users\Graham>telnet
'telnet' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Users\Graham>path C:\windows\system32

C:\Users\Graham>

All works after resetting path, problem it gets changed back during a reboot obviously something is changing it. It happened after a Windows Live Mail update (I think).

Windows7 32 Home Premium
All works after resetting path, problem it gets changed back during a reboot obviously something is changing it. It happened after a Windows Live Mail update (I think).

You need to change it in the right place -
Control Panel > System > Advanced system settings > Environment Variables (down near bottom) > Path

Here is what I have (you won't need most of it like the Nvidea, AMD and SQL server stuff. If in doubt juest check that the folder exists on your PC.

C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP\bin\x86_64;C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP\bin\x86;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\VSShell\Common7\IDE\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared

You need to change it in the right place -
Control Panel > System > Advanced system settings > Environment Variables (down near bottom) > Path

Here is what I have (you won't need most of it like the Nvidea, AMD and SQL server stuff. If in doubt juest check that the folder exists on your PC.

C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP\bin\x86_64;C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP\bin\x86;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\VSShell\Common7\IDE\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared

Thanks as always, on the job now :smashin:

EDIT - sorted.

Last edited:
Yes mongoose (open source from Google) is known to crash from time to time - It can be restarted from telnet with the command
service start mongoose
It is thought that the Foxsat is overtaxed.
It has been noticed that doing anything before the previous action is fully serviced greatly increases the chances of this.

How many would be interested in a script that looked at mongoose say at 120 secs intervals and if not running started it. No promises, just press the Thanks button to say yes.

OK it was raining today so had a go at it and got it working - radon has improved it and will package it up in the coming days.

Hello

Been spending some time digging through the EPG setting new recordings and also deleting old schedules giving the unit the odd reboot to catch up on itself (which it's been successfully achieving so far) however when the page reloads after the reboot I get this:

Error 501: Not Implemented Method HEAD is not implemented

Cheers

Hello

Been spending some time digging through the EPG setting new recordings and also deleting old schedules giving the unit the odd reboot to catch up on itself (which it's been successfully achieving so far) however when the page reloads after the reboot I get this:

Error 501: Not Implemented Method HEAD is not implemented

Cheers

HEAD is a http 1.1 command not supported by mongoose (i think but I have note checked code).
What browser are you using - something strange I think.

Dear all,

On behalf of the developer team of David500, raydon and myself, I'm pleased to announce that v2.73 of the web interface is now in the repository; installation in the usual way.

Additional thanks to adrianf36 and REPASSAC for feedback during beta testing.

This is a minor update containing the following changes:

1. Functionality and bugfix updates for EPG searches and Package Management
  2. Additional FAQ documentation
  3. Updated and new Channel Icons

I'd also like to add that the servermon package, which will automatically restart the mongoose web server in the event of a failure, is available now in the repository. Thanks to REPASSAC for developing this very useful script.

I've just uploaded a little utility to the online repository. It's called 'pass-reset' and it makes the task of resetting a lost or forgotten password for the web interface very simple. If you ever find yourself locked out then this is what you need. It's different from every other package because this one is transient. So, when you install the 'pass-reset' package it does what it needs to do then removes itself again.

It's not listed under 'Available' in the 'Package Management' page of the web interface because :

(a) If you can access that page, you don't need to reset your password.
and
(b) If you can't access the page (because you're locked out) you wouldn't be able to install it anyway.

Instead there are two other ways to use it to reset your password, both very easy.

The easiest method, if you are comfortable with telnet, is to simply open a telnet session and enter the command opkg install pass-reset. That's it, job done !

The second method is to download the package then copy it to the root folder of a USB stick. With the HDR fully booted, insert the stick into the front USB port and wait a couple of minutes to ensure it's worked it's magic. Remove the stick and once again, job done !

EDIT: Package no longer required. This utility is now built into the custom firmware.
Just open a telnet session to your Foxsat HDR and enter pass-disable.

Last edited:
Nice one, but don't expect to need it despite advanced years :D

I appreciate I'm a bit late to the party here, but this looks quite awesome - however I can only find comments about how to update.
What do I need to do to get this installed from scratch?

(Sorry if that's a daft question!)

Many thanks, on my way :)

Update:
That went without a hitch - I'm loving it already.
Now to test out connecting via the web from work on Monday :)

Last edited:
Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this but if its wrong, sorry

I have been using mediatomb for a while now but been frustrated about the lack of streaming HD.

I have been playing about with twonky 4 and 5. I have a serial for 4 but when trying to play HD content on my Asus oplay most don't play at all and some play so far and fail with a bitrate error.

When I install twonky 5 via the packge manager it says that the trial period has expired. I don't have a serial for 5 and I'm not buying it again.

Can anyone advise on playing HD content from the foxsat?

Cheers

Can anyone advise on playing HD content from the foxsat?
Yes - if you have recorded in freesat mode then HD content is encrypted on the Foxsat HDR so it can only be played back with that machine. The custom firmware incl. Twonky etc. doesn't change that since it only adds functionality to the underlying linux operating system of the HDR.

HD content recorded in non-freesat mode is not encrypted and so should be streamable via Twonky if your network is fast enough (wifi might struggle).

You can tell whether the HD recordings you are trying to stream are encrypted or not by the icon next to them in the on screen display (media button) or web interface ("Browse Media Files").

Nowster has made a patch to the Humax settop application however which enables freesat HD recordings to also be made without encryption, see the main "media + file server bundle" thread.

Installed and works a treat - Fantastic! - Thank you

Another question, maybe more of a feature request is that over the festive period I have been setting more and more to record via the web interface and having to do the 'soft reboot' for the settings to apply. However there were a few occasions where I set up a load of programs and had to quickly dash off (forgetting to press the reboot button). Is it possible for the box to automatically reboot itself to apply these changes after a certain period of inactivity?

I realise this is probably a no go as people could be quite happily watching something then their box reboots - Maybe a message on screen saying it will reboot in xminutes with option to cancel

It's a pity settings could not be applied 'live' as it is when doing it via the tv

For example I have just set a load of programs to record but can't apply them as the box is busy (recording). I'll therefore probably forget to come back and apply them when the current recording is finished.

If i switch the box to standby, that's fine but can't access the web interface until i switch it back on - Catch 22!

Keep up the good work!

Cheers

I seem to have to have lost the ITV logos from the web EPG. I assume that this is due to the change in the logo design. The old ones are still in /var/mongoose/html/img/channels but the script is not calling these up any more so even if these images are updated they do not display. Any ideas ?

Hi David,

The logo has gone because ITV also renamed their stations on the Freesat EPG. The web interface uses the station name as displayed on the EPG screens to find the associated channel icon. In my region it used to be called "ITV1" and now is simply "ITV".

You can get the old logo back by copying the "ITV1.png" file in /opt/var/mongoose/html/img/channels and renaming the new file to whatever the name is that is displayed in the EPG screens. For my case above, a simple copy of "ITV1.png" to "ITV.png" brings the logo back.

hope these are of use to some.. right click each and save as,

Attachments

• ITV +1.png
    ITV +1.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 890
  • ITV HD.png
    ITV HD.png
    4.5 KB · Views: 884
  • ITV.png
    ITV.png
    5.3 KB · Views: 883
  • ITV2 +1.png
    ITV2 +1.png
    4.5 KB · Views: 891
  • ITV2.png
    ITV2.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 876
  • ITV3.png
    ITV3.png
    4.8 KB · Views: 878
  • ITV3+1.png
    ITV3+1.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 885
  • ITV4.png
    ITV4.png
    4.6 KB · Views: 888
  • ITV4+1.png
    ITV4+1.png
    4.6 KB · Views: 898
Last edited:
Here's the channel logo for more>movies (channel 143) Same as above right click and save as. Upload to humax, however this needs to be renamed to more>movies.

Attachments

• moremovies.png
    moremovies.png
    4.3 KB · Views: 869
Thanks. I found I had to use WinSCP to rename the more>movies one as command line and samba don't allow the ">" in a file name

Thanks. I found I had to use WinSCP to rename the more>movies one as command line and samba don't allow the ">" in a file name
I just transferred the original file using filezilla and then renamed in it's new location within the same program. :smashin:

Couple more

Attachments

• Channel AKA.png
    Channel AKA.png
    5.9 KB · Views: 851
  • ITV Player.png
    ITV Player.png
    4.5 KB · Views: 843
  • JML Living.png
    JML Living.png
    4.6 KB · Views: 846
  • TGGC Outlet.png
    TGGC Outlet.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 852
  • The Active Ch.png
    The Active Ch.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 837

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom