Web Interface v2.7 for Foxsat HDR

As for the recording stopping, not sure but if you know what is being recorded eg /media/Video/Fred.ts
then fuser /media/Video/Fred.ts returns rc($?) 0 if in use and rc 1 if not

I have been experimenting with various watch techniques tonight. The simplest solution appears to be a regular interval cron job, I am testing this for a couple of days.

Channel Icons v1.08
The channel-icons package 1.08 is now available.
It includes:
New Channels
Ch 119 - UTV HD (added 04/11/2013)
Ch 512 - NOW Music (added 28/10/2013)
Ch 651 - COMMUNITY (added 17/10/2013)
Icon already existed
Ch 720 - Capital XTRA (added ??)
Ch 804 - TV Warehouse+ (added 16/10/2013)
Ch 809 - The Store (added ??)

Renamed Channels
Ch 302 - True Christmas (name changed 31/10/2013) (True Movies 1 icon left for when the name changes back after Christmas)

Updated Icons
Ch 144 - PICK
Ch 517 - CAPITAL TV

Last edited:
Sorry if this sounds daft but where can i download the web interface from and how do you navagate it on screen ?

Channel Icons v1.10

I have updated all the freesat channel icons with those from the freesat web site, but I have made them square rather than leaving them rectangular.

The package also includes the following new channel Icons:
Ch 512 - NOW TV renamed to Now Christmas
Ch 811 - Craft Extra (added on ??/11/2013)
Ch 410 - Film On TV (added on 12/12/2013)
Ch 661 - Rishtey (added on 12/12/2013)
Ch 662 - Colors (added on 12/12/2013)

Channel Icons v1.11

The channel-icons package v1.11 is now available.

New Channel added:
Ch 132 - Channel 5+24 (added on 04/02/2014)

Channels renamed back after the Christmas change:
Ch 302 - True Christmas changed back to True Movies 1 (06/01/2014)
Ch 506 - Blissmas changed back to Bliss (06/01/2014)
Ch 512 - Now Christmas changed back to NOW Music (06/01/2014)

Just a little question.

When playing back using VLC plug-in (Firefox 27) the progress bar does not populate - the space is there for the bar but as the video plays it does not show any progress (although the video plays fine).

Anyone got any thoughts?

Thanks.

Last edited:
When I delete all the recorded programmes from within a series link folder using the CF web I/F on my computer, it leaves behind the empty series folder (unlike when I do it on the Hummy). I then have to access the filing system from my comp to delete the empty folder. What am I doing wrong?

It should delete the folder TJT1. This was something that was added at quite an early release of the Web Interface. Are you waiting for the confirmation message to appear when doing the deletions - red text indicating which files have been deleted.

When deleting the last file in a folder, the Web Interface media browser should then automatically delete the folder and re-load the page up one level in the directory structure to the file just deleted.

Only reason it wouldn't do this is if there is a suprious additional file in the folder for some reason. Might be worth checking this via Samba or FTP.

Thanks for the reply Adrian.
It should delete the folder TJT1.
As I expected it to
Are you waiting for the confirmation message to appear when doing the deletions - red text indicating which files have been deleted.
Yes, waiting for red text after each file delete (I've been caught by that one before and still reckon there should be a trap in the W/I to stop an attempted delete before the last has finished)
When deleting the last file in a folder, the Web Interface media browser should then automatically delete the folder and re-load the page up one level in the directory structure to the file just deleted.
Did not notice it doing that, but it probably did. Must pay more attention next time
Only reason it wouldn't do this is if there is a suprious additional file in the folder for some reason. Might be worth checking this via Samba or FTP.
No there wasn't. I have the Hummy mapped as a network drive in Explorer and the four series link folders were present, but all empty.
For completeness. C/F 4.1.2 W/I 2.75

As an aside and probably nothing to do with the above problem, I tried to update stuff (just now, after the above problem occurred) and came up with the following:

opkg update
Downloading http://hummypkg.org.uk/foxsat/base/Packages.gz.
Inflating http://hummypkg.org.uk/foxsat/base/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /opt/var/opkg/base.
Collected errors:
* opkg_conf_deinit: Couldn't unlink /tmp/opkg.lock: No such file or directory.
Updating package meta information.
Updating EPG DefaultAuth information.
Done.

And then

opkg upgrade channel-icons
Upgrading channel-icons on root from 1.10 to 1.11...
Downloading http://hummypkg.org.uk/foxsat/base/channel-icons_1.11_mips.opk.
Configuring channel-icons.
Collected errors:
* opkg_conf_deinit: Couldn't unlink /tmp/opkg.lock: No such file or directory.
IN Upgrades tab
Runtime Error: /opt/var/mongoose/lib/pkg.class:68: Collected errors: * opkg_conf_init: Could not lock /tmp/opkg.lock: Resource temporarily unavailable. in procedure 'pkg' called at file "pkg.jim", line 51 at file "/opt/var/mongoose/lib/pkg.class", line 68

Trying to update packages from web

opkg update
Collected errors:
* opkg_conf_init: Could not lock /tmp/opkg.lock: Resource temporarily unavailable.
Updating package meta information.
Updating EPG DefaultAuth information.
Done.

Channel Icons v1.12

Updated channel-icons package v1.12 is now available.
Channels renamed:
Ch 734 - LBC 97.3 changed to LBC (11/01/2014)
Ch 506 - BLISS changed to 21stCent Bliss (28/02/2014)

WebIf Documentation v1.04

Updated WebIf Documentation package v1.04 is now available
Custom Firmware, Web Interface and FAQs have been updated, look for the "New" flag.

I have the following error when attempting to upgrade the Webif Documentation. Anyone any ideas ?

opkg upgrade webif-docs
Collected errors:
* opkg_conf_init: Could not lock /tmp/opkg.lock: Resource temporarily unavailable.

Just a little question.

When playing back using VLC plug-in (Firefox 27) the progress bar does not populate - the space is there for the bar but as the video plays it does not show any progress (although the video plays fine).

Anyone got any thoughts?

Thanks.
The plug-in supports multiple protocols. With http the only methods that exist are get, put and head, there is no forward or back.

The plug-in supports multiple protocols. With http the only methods that exist are get, put and head, there is no forward or back.

Hi REPASSAC,

Thanks for getting back to me, but I am not sure I understand your reply!

Does it mean that when playing back a file from from the HDR in Firefox, the progress bar will not populate?

Thanks again.

I have just added a second dish pointing at 19.2e and a diseqc switch to my hdr. It's working great. I moved a few channels from 19.2e to the freesat guide using the channel editor. On the HDR that works great no switching modes.
The problem I have is that I can't seem to schedule a recording of the 19.2 channels that are in the freesat guide. I can set a 'manual timed reservation' and I can select the 19.2 channel (5300 RTL for F1) but the recording does not happen.
Any ideas what I have done wrong or is non recording of 19.2 a known issue (I did search but couldn't find any relevant results)?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Hi REPASSAC,

Thanks for getting back to me, but I am not sure I understand your reply!

Does it mean that when playing back a file from the HDR in Firefox, the progress bar will not populate?

Thanks again.
There is very little documentation on the plug-in, just a few examples.
I saw one other protocol example and I came to that conclusion based upon the http command it was sending [get filename]. It would be quite easy for them to display the progress as the filesize would be known and the control could count it's progress in bytes. However this would not give any other function to the bar.

At the server end all we have is mongoose - a very basic web server.

There is very little documentation on the plug-in, just a few examples.
I saw one other protocol example and I came to that conclusion based upon the http command it was sending [get filename]. It would be quite easy for them to display the progress as the filesize would be known and the control could count it's progress in bytes. However this would not give any other function to the bar.

At the server end all we have is mongoose - a very basic web server.

OK thanks.

I don't use it too much, so not a major problem.

There are updates to the Web Interface (v2.76), and one of its dependencies hmt (v2.4). These are available for download from the repository now. Just update your package list in the usual way for these to become available in the 'Upgrades' tab. These updates provide background support for a 'soon-to-be-released' new plug-in for the Foxsat HDR with custom firmware. No additional functionality is provided by these two updates alone. Details of the new plug-in, which is currently in final beta testing, will be announced shortly. Watch this space.
Edit: The new plug-in is now available. See the thread HERE for details.

Last edited:
Channel Icons v1.14

Updated channel-icons package v1.14 is now available for download.
This restores the missing BBC icons after the rename earlier this week

WebIf Documentation v1.05

Updated WebIf Documentation package v1.05 is now available for upgrade.
Custom Firmware, Web Interface and FAQs have been updated following the release of the release of the Convert Files plug-in.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom