• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Web Hosting

dougie8

Standard Member
Hi all,

Hope someone can help, I am looking for some web hosting but I'm getting so confused with the amount of options available??

I currently have a domain name, a budget of £5 p/m max, preferably with cPanel & UK based.

I have looked at the following and they all look good but as I said so confused with all the options.

UK2.net, fasthosts.co.uk, justhost.com, hostgator.com, oneandone.co.uk.

Does anyone have any personal knowledge/recomendations of these companys or any other that may be of interest.

Thanks in advance.:hiya:

BradG

we'd need to know how much bandwidth a month you would need, along with if you require SQL databases etc? :)

Give us a run down about your website

dougie8

Standard Member
I will mainly be using the website as a basis to learn Dreamweaver, I am planning on having a personal/family site which shows photos and possibly a blog.

I dont think I will need SQL database at the moment but it might be something I would like to learn in the future.

Regarding bandwidth I probably wont require much as it will only really be family & friends that will be accessing the site. I would also like to password protect certain areas to stop the general public viewing my family photographs.

I currently have a website prepared ready for upload which at the moment contains holiday photos with text explaining each of the photos although I would like to learn how to upload a photo with a text explanation into the website.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom