Web developer needed for a photography website!

ddodia

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been approached by a wedding photographer wanting a website developed. I have searched the forum and found a few threads advising on good beginners software/online utilities but the photographer doesn't have the know how nor the time.

She has asked for the following:

"I’d need to access the site to update the gallery, have a links page, and have a facility that allows my client to access their proofs using a password."

She would also like that facility to show photos in a slide show format.

Unfortunately I am currently not in the position to be able to develop one for her. If anyone can take this up or know of somebody who can help, pleas PM me.

I would be happy to look at this and implement on a CMS based system. I am fully booked until November though but could start after that.

PM me if you want further information.

Keith

For starters, take a look at SmugMug and Zenfolio.

SmugMug is more customisable, but is more expensive.

smugmug is great, easy to use, unlimited uploads, password protected galleries, lots of support

I'm just getting started with Smugmug and have customized my own site, (with my own unique address) primarily for displaying/backup up all of my family pics. If you know what you are doing I'm sure you could make it look very professonal. It cost £5 to register the domain (through smugmug) and £30 iirc correctly a year to host/run and includes one e-mail address...

Last edited:
Yep - I'd go for Smugmug as well. It does everything that your photographer is looking for and there's loads of help available on Digital Grin dgrin.com

Last edited by a moderator:
How do UK users of smugmug find them re: postage etc?

I presume they offer a similar service to the Photobox Pro galleries where you can sell your images straight from the site?

Thanks for the great responses guys - it is much appreciated.

I'll have a gander at all the suggestions ... watch this space ...

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom