Weatherproof Speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by ldoodle, Apr 25, 2007.

1. ldoodle

ldoodle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,018
    Hi,

I'm looking to use the 2 extra channels on my receiver (running 5.1 through 7.1 system) to connect 1 speaker in the dining room and 1 in the garden, so this obviously needs to be weatherproof. As there will be no sub in these 2 locations they need to have decent bass as they will 99% of the time only be used for stereo music from the HTPC.

Will also need weatherproof speaker cable for the one in the garden, which will be between 15-20m in length.

Any suggestions/recommendations?

2. cwpaters

cwpaters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi m8 i actually done this a little while back and used normal grey elctrical cable for my speaker wire!! works really well!! I went for the rock type speakers and provide lots of base!! they are about 250mm high and sit on the ground at the patio area and they give out some great sound! I have 2 of these and then i have 4 cheap ones from B&Q scatered around the grass area. I will come back to you on the better ones as i cant remember of hand where i got them from.

3. Pop up Dragon

Pop up Dragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    :thumbsup: Hi
    I've got a pair of Speakercraft WS in the back garden,they sound great.One is fitted under the soffit and the other hidden at the back of a big plant.It's worth saying that some of the "less expesive " ones from the DIY stores are bloomin' horrible and last for one summer.
    One big disadvantage of the "rock " type are that because the speaker is generally pointing up....they sometimes hold water.If you use the "box" type ,most can be angled down.

4. cwpaters

cwpaters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8