1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"weak" Svideo signal

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by father alice, Mar 25, 2005.

1. father alice

father alice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Posted a similar thread in the freeview forum, but thought I might get a response here too...

I have a problem with the svideo output on my pioneer freeview box, which is not appearing properly on the av4 input on my Panny HS2 dvd recorder - it is fine on all other inputs on the HS2, plus to the TV direct, just av4 - the picture is not quite black and white, but the colours are all wrong (red becomes pink, and a lack of blue for example)

I know the av4 socket is fine, as it accepts svid in no problem from an alternative stb (Sagem), and I know the cable is fine.

Also, as an experiment, I hooked the output of the stb upto an amplified scart splitter I normally use to split the rgb out of my sky box (sc-amp2 from cpc) - this device has a dc input to power the split, and supprisingly the svid signal is fine on av4 using this.

I know little of the specs of an svideo signal, ie does it carry a voltage etc, but I guess I am suffering from a compatability issue between the devices. Is this possible, and more importantly, any solutions. I was hoping to avoid spending another £30 on a second sc-amp2, as it seems a bit OTT, as I would only need one of the outputs.

Any thoughts?

Cheers, Ali

2. Eddy Boy

Eddy Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    To me it sounds like a sync problem. And the reason it is cured by your splitter is that it stripsoff the original and applies its own.