Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

"weak" Svideo signal

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by father alice, Mar 25, 2005.

1. father alice

father alice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Posted a similar thread in the freeview forum, but thought I might get a response here too...

I have a problem with the svideo output on my pioneer freeview box, which is not appearing properly on the av4 input on my Panny HS2 dvd recorder - it is fine on all other inputs on the HS2, plus to the TV direct, just av4 - the picture is not quite black and white, but the colours are all wrong (red becomes pink, and a lack of blue for example)

I know the av4 socket is fine, as it accepts svid in no problem from an alternative stb (Sagem), and I know the cable is fine.

Also, as an experiment, I hooked the output of the stb upto an amplified scart splitter I normally use to split the rgb out of my sky box (sc-amp2 from cpc) - this device has a dc input to power the split, and supprisingly the svid signal is fine on av4 using this.

I know little of the specs of an svideo signal, ie does it carry a voltage etc, but I guess I am suffering from a compatability issue between the devices. Is this possible, and more importantly, any solutions. I was hoping to avoid spending another £30 on a second sc-amp2, as it seems a bit OTT, as I would only need one of the outputs.

Any thoughts?

Cheers, Ali

2. Eddy Boy

Eddy Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    To me it sounds like a sync problem. And the reason it is cured by your splitter is that it stripsoff the original and applies its own.