Question Weak or no Satellite signal on samsung UHD tv

blackdc5r

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I am a newbie here. I have samsung UE48HU7500 TV and satellite receiver with one dish, 2 LNBs for Hotbird 13E and astra 4a (sirius) 4.8E.

With my satellite receiver the channels work just fine. Recently I tried to connect the satellite cable directly to my TV so see how it works.
I got 500ish free channels from hotbird only and 0 from sirius. Sorted the channels with the order i wanted. Then switched off the tv. The next day I switched it on, the channels were there but I was getting "weak or no signal" while switching between the channels. I checked the cable from back of the TV and it was plugged properly.

I, then deleted all the channels and did a new scan. Found all the channels and sorted them. But after switching on the TV again after a while I get the same thing which is too strange.

I went through all the LNB setting from the menu and set all the transponder parameters as I see them from my receiver, but... Most of them just wont get signal at all or get from 27-30% while when connected through the receiver I get mostly above 80%.

Another strange thing is...on a specific transponder on my receiver I get 4-5 channels, but entering that transponder's frequency, symbol rate etc I get only 1 channel on my TV which is completely different from what I have on my receiver...

I would appreciate if anyone could help me on this to sort the things out.

Sincerely,
AK

Another strange thing is...on a specific transponder on my receiver I get 4-5 channels, but entering that transponder's frequency, symbol rate etc I get only 1 channel on my TV which is completely different from what I have on my receiver...

This suggests your LNB settings are not correct on the TV...

Hi and welcome to the forum.
It sure does, so first get the DiseqC settings correct.

Thanks for the reply, guys!
@kevbuk I have checked the LNB settings on both TV and Receiver, and they are both identical...
@logiciel thanks. Regarding DiseqC, there's only one option on my TV. On or Off. Is there another way to set them up that you could help me?

Perhaps you can list the TPs and channels received?

If your using a diseqc switch and haven't made the appropriate settings you'll only be able to use the LNB connected to the first port. There must be more settings than on or off.

Perhaps you can list the TPs and channels received?

If your using a diseqc switch and haven't made the appropriate settings you'll only be able to use the LNB connected to the first port. There must be more settings than on or off.

Alright, my apologies... I found more time today and went trough the settings and set up the following...

Menu->Broadcasting->channel settings->Satellite system
In satellite system menu I done the following:

Satellite selection -> Hotbird 13E and Astra 4.8E
LNB Power-> ON
LNB settings-> Hotbird 13E
DiSEqC mode -> 2/4 (there were 1/4,2/4,3/4,4/4,toneA,ToneB)
Lower LNB Oscillators: 9750 MHz
Upper LNB Oscillators: 10600 MHz
Tone 22kHz: Auto

LNB settings-> Astra 4.8E
DiSEqC Mode-> 1/4
Lower LNB Oscillators: 9750 MHz
Upper LNB Oscillators: 10600 MHz
Tone 22kHz: Auto

With current settings I receive channels from Hotbird with low signal though...maximum at 30%, and nothing from Astra 4.8E... Although before making changes with DiSEqC, I was able to watch Astra only.

I have tried different combinations with DiSEqC settings... eg. setting hotbird to 1/2 and astra to 2/4 or 2/4 and 3/4, 3/4 and 4/4, tone A and Tone B etc... but the result is I get max 30% signal strength on either one of the sats.

There is a position settings menu as well. By factory default its on OFF. I turned that ON and there are the following options:
Positioner Type (options DiSEqC 1.2 and USALS)
If you select USALS there are more options to select like:
My Longitude ( X X Numbers to set and East or West)
My Latitude ( X X Numbers and North or South)
Satellite Longitude settings ( User sat 1 0.0 E, user sat 2 0.0 E, User sat 3 0.0 E, user sat 4 0.0 E to set)

Sorry, for this essay, just tried to be as clear as possible.

Thanks for the help

Thanks for the details.
Under Position Settings you select Off.
Then you should check on the satellite receiver what the correct DiSeqC settings are, and transfer those exactly to the TV.
Run a Tune on each and let us know what kevkbuk asked about some of the channels received.
Please explain further your comment about previously receiving Astra.

Last edited:
Under Position Settings you select DiSeqC 1.2.

No, this is for motor use and should be set to off. The only thing that should need setting is the Diseqc mode for each sat, 1/4 to 4/4 depending on their position on the switch. You can get this from your receiver if you do not know, they may be alternatively labelled as A-D.

When scanning for channels you'll need to select 13e or 4.8e. You may find it has separate channel lists for each sat when viewing also.

Alright, guys.

I have solved almost everything out.. Both, Astra and HotBird channels are showing fine, although the signal on specific transponders drops sometimes to as low as 10-12%.

I run AUTO tune in full mode for both of the satellites separately and found almost all the channels I needed except 5 of them. Then I tried to run manual transponder search which I have done in past 10-11 years on my receiver successfully, but the parameters I enter for the channels I need get 0% of signal, which is very weird, since they work fine on the receiver right now...

The channels and parameters are as follows:

ARM 1TV - HotBird 13E 12520V 27500 3/4
Armenia TV - HotBird 13E 12520V 27500 3/4
1TV RUS - HotBird 13E 12597V 27500 3/4
EuroNews (the multi language one I get on the receiver) - HotBird 13E 12597V 27500 3/4
RBC-TV - HotBird 12520V 27500 3/4

Again, thanks for the help.
AK

Dear all,
I recently bought a Samsung UHD TV UE48JU6450U which has a built-in satellite tuner. I have two LNBs connected via a DiSEqC switch - SPAUN SUR 211F DiSEqC 2.1. The two LNBs are pointing at Astra 19.2 and 28.2. there are three modes - 1st uncommitted switch, Position (Tone burst) and Option (only DiSEqC. LNB2 is connected to Astra 19.2 and the first one to 28.2. However, in my TV, I only manage to receive one of the two satellites. If I select the 'first uncommitted switch', it finds 28.2 channels and if I choose Position or Option, only 19.2 channels. Any ideas on how I can watch both at the same time? Btw, to give some more information the signal strength with Astra 19.2 is close to 100% while with Astra 28.2 only around 0-5% although I actually the channels just fine!

I read on some forums that Samsung TVs don't support 2.1 and I should buy a switch for 1.0. However, I can't seem to find any 1.0 switch online or in shops. Most are 2.0 and above.

Has anyone out there managed to get two satellites working with this TV series or model?

Thanks a lot in advance!

I've got 28.2 and 19.2 on my JU7000 with a pair of bog standard DiSEqC switches. but not at the same time. I suspect that this is not possible. If you are only getting that low signal on 28.2, I suspect either your alignment is out or something else is wrong, as 28.2 should be at least as strong as 19.2.

In Dresden?!

I don't think weak signal is a problem since I do manage to get good reception with 200-300 e-6 bit error rates on almost 50+ free channels.

You mentioned you are also not able to get signal at the same time. Do you have two cables running down to your TV? How do you then switch between them? Can the TV remember two different configurations?

Yes two cables. But if the DiSEqC switches are set to 28.2E, then of course you cannot receive 19.2E. The DiSEqC switches have two (or more) inputs, one from 28.2E and the other from 19.2E but only have one output which goes to the TV, so you can only have either 28E or 19E, not both. The second cable is to allow you to record one programme and watch another on a different TP (from the same satellite group).
My TV has two tuners each connected to its own DiSEqC switch and two quad LNBs. If I want to record one channel and watch another on the same TP, then it is likely that only one tuner will be used, But if i want to record and watch from different TPs the two tuners must be used. The TV does this automatically.

Aah okay. That makes it more clear. Btw, one quick update. There was some update to the TV firmware last weekend and it seems I am able to receive both satellites more or less at the same time on the same cable. I am not sure whether it was the firmware upgrade or the new way of searching but here it goes.

1. In the broadcasting source, I had a separate 19.2 input shown (besides Satellite, Cable and Terresterial). When I use that option I am now able to watch all but only 19.2 channels.
2. With the satellite input, I scanned for only Astra 28.2 and it found some more or less all channels.

With this setup, I do need to change in the broadcasting settings from 19.2 and Satellite input but then at least I can watch all channels without changing cables or any other settings. TV remembers all channels from both satellites.

Under Broadcasting Source, you should have Satellite, Cable, and Terrestrial.
I don't understand the fourth option, but it works, so that has to be a success.

Indeed, I also had only these three earlier. One day while resetting and trying to receive both satellites, I chose Settop box as input but nothing came as there was none. Then there was an option to actually add another source as satellite. Since then I have had it despite resetting the TV a few times. Apparently, the reset is not true reset.

If the DiSEqC switch is switching properly, when you select the 28E sat, it will scan that sat group and return a bunch of English language programmes. When you select the 19E group it will scan that one and tune mainly European language programme. The set will remember all the channels scanned from both sats. If the DiSEqC switch is not switching properly and is permanently set to (say) 19E when you do a scan of 28E, you will get a bunch of channels tuned, but they are NOT from the 28E sat, they are from the 19E sat. This is a fairly common mistake that people make, but I'm not necessarily suggesting that you are making it, just putting it forward as a possibility. But it seems that you have your setup done correctly.

The point that I was making earlier was that DiSEqC switch will only select one of its inputs to its output, so you can only 'see' one sat group at the same time. So you will not be able to (say) record BBC1 from 28E and watch (say) RTL from 19E at the same time.

Aah okay. I get your point now. Yes, that is a possibility and also what I was struggling for a while when the TV commands wouldn't cause the DiSEqC to switch from one to another satellite, but now it is finally sorted!

Yep, peeps think that if they select a different sat in the sat select menu, the set will magically realign the dish to that sat group and tune them. Well, it will only do that if you have DiSEqC switches or a motor drive, both of which have to be set up correctly.

Still, you say you are sorted. Well done.:clap:

Hi All, I read this post with interest as I have a question re getting two Russian channels on my new LG smart tv (model 28MT495S). I have a 60cm dish with 3 LNBs (Astra, Hotbird and Sirius) that is currently feeding two sat. boxes and two tvs and on both tvs receiving Astra and Hotbird channels including RTR and 1TVRUS, two Russian channels.

Yesterday, I bought a new LG smart tv that has a satellite tuner within it and when I took the sat coax out of the box and screwed in the coax direct to the tv and tuned the two satellites, Astra and Eutelsat Hotbird 13E, I seemed to get all the astra channels but only get 48 channels tuned in on the Eutelsat Hotbird 13E, and the channels are not the same ones getting out of my sat boxes.

The two that I especially want are RTR and 1TVRUS. Does anyone know why theses are not coming? I am uploading a file with a photo of the channel information from the box itself, which says it is on Hotbird 6, 1TVRUS Europ, 12597/V/27500, PID: 2301/2311/2301. In fact, while tuning the Hotbird satellite on the LG tv, I can see when it goes over 125927/V/27500 but it picks up no channel there. Do you think it is a tv issue, or a location country issue. I checked the country in the satellite boxes, which were installed many years ago by a Latvian installer here in Ireland) and it is set to United Kingdom, but when I switched the LG tv location to UK (instead of Ireland), it only allowed me to tune on the Astra satellite and I wasn't even able to add the Eutelsat Hotbird satellite for tuning. When we bought the tv, I explained to the guy at the store (who also seemed to be eastern EU) that we were mainly trying to get Russian channels, and he quickly told me if we had any problems to try changing location countries, so I tried Latvia, Germany, Poland, and for each of these still getting the same 48 channels, which are pretty awful ones at that. Any held appreciated as it would be good to get rid of my old satellite box and put the cable straight into the smart tv instead as I want to wall mount it.

Attachments

• IMG_7679.JPG
    IMG_7679.JPG
    495.7 KB · Views: 710
You don't even mention a DiSeqC switch, so have you got one, and if so have you set up the TV to each of its three settings?!

Hi Logi
Yes, hot bird is on A and I put that in settings and still got 48. I am just trying something else, I hadn’t ticked a button called network search previously and now when I did that, I have 218 programs already after 10%. So I think I am on the right track. Will update when tune finishes.

OK - you need a setting for each of the three satellites of course!

I solved it. The Diseq was actually B and when I changed it, all the expected channels rolled in. Thanks for help.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom